Small Waterproof Enclosure/Junction Box - Hikvision

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post here so please go easy!

I've recently purchased a Hik DS-2CD2042WDI bullet camera which looks fantastic.

The plan is to mount on the front of my property which will allow me to oversee my driveway. I'll be mounting at the front but running the cable alongside the house and round the back where the cable will enter the house to the POE switch. All sounds simple so far and my plan is to mount a waterproof enclosure 15cm away from the camera which will house the pigtail end.

Now, is that the easiest way to do this sort of thing? I know my camera comes with some sort of waterproof connector but this will leave the power cable exposed as this isn't being used.

Can you recommend a small enclosure box?

Any tips or suggestions prior to the big mounting day would be grateful.

Over and out from the UK!

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Munzz
Attached are a couple of solutions, at least if you were in the USA. All come from the Home Depot but probably similar in the UK, DIY or some such. The tubular enclosures are short pieces of 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe and end caps. A slot is cut in the end of the pipe to allow the end cap to slide on and leave only a small open for the cable/s exit. Nothing is glued, the sstrap clamp that mounts the pipe also holds the enc caps in place. Be sure to arrange the slot at the lowest point (down) so that any condensation that gets in there will drain out. Do not seal!
The square grey one is a blank, as in no holes or features, electrical box. There are various sizes available from small to large all water tight. Be sure to add a tiny drain hole at the lowest point.

Home Depot also sells things that go over the plugs on Christmas lights when used out of doors. They are not to my taste but may serve your purpose.
Eric

Attachments