Skipping whilst recording motion

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On two separate Dahua PTZs, I have breaks showing in recording streams.

Cameras do the 'heavy' work, whilst BI5 displays and stores the recordings.

Instance 1) Courier tracked down the track, man exits van - van then leaves. Record misses out 20-40 seconds of the delivery and the driver returning to the van.
Instance 2) Badger moves into scene already actively recording, camera zooms, so acknowledges presence. Badger suddenly teleports out! (See Pics and Videos / Capture Forum).

One camera PTZs as expected.
Other camera only zooms, no PT...

Has anyone seen this type of thing and have any recommended check to identify what might be the culprit?

Ta

Geoff

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Indeed, but the recording is 'continuous, i.e. It continues after the break - what's it doing, having a cup of coffee?

I watched the postman this morning the record followed him until it reached the gate, then saw him leaving - no in-between bit.... Odd. I have setting on 300 (max).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Instance 2) Badger moves into scene already actively recording, camera zooms, so acknowledges presence. Badger suddenly teleports out! (See Pics and Videos / Capture Forum).
It took some time to find the badger clip; a link would have been nice to have....just saying. :cool:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need an SD card in the PTZ to see what the camera is locking onto.

I haven't seen the video, but what you describe sounds like either the camera locked onto something else and quit tracking or the object quit moving long enough that it quit tracking.