Shut down Dahua XVR

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the DH-XVR5108HS-I3, which has no physical power button.

When I select shutdown from the menu, the device shuts down, but the fan keeps running.

Any way to sort that?

Another question I have is, can I prevent from automatic logout, so that whenever I connect over the web interface, that I don't have to log in again?

Thanks in advance

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the DH-XVR5108HS-I3, which has no physical power button.

When I select shutdown from the menu, the device shuts down, but the fan keeps running.

Any way to sort that?

Another question I have is, can I prevent from automatic logout, so that whenever I connect over the web interface, that I don't have to log in again?

Thanks in advance
Once you select shut down, wait a minute, then unplug the power.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm......hell my XVR ( amcrest-AMDV8M8-H5 ) Dahua oem......has this fan AUTO option, but no option to shut down....only reboot....
Of course Murphy's Law, all the good stuff happens when your not recording.

1663123648441.png

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You must pull plug or toggle power switch to shut down fully. Yes on Auto Logout, set to 0

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm aware of that, but I actually want the fan stop running without the need to unplug the power
The motherboard fan usually turns off as this is controlled by software.
But the power supply fan is completely independent, it only turns off if the power switch is physically turned off.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The motherboard fan usually turns off as this is controlled by software.
But the power supply fan is completely independent, it only turns off if the power switch is physically turned off.
I only see 1 fan in my XVR, so don't know which function it has, but it keeps running. I have external power supply

In the online manual I notice that previous models of the XVR had a power switch .

Last edited: