Shouting out an intro and some thanks

Reaction score
So I've been in lurker mode for the past 2 months just hoovering up the overwhelming amount of resources and knowledge available here and wanted to start off with a huge THANKS to all who have contributed to this priceless store of knowledge. It's a damn nice wiki and there is so much general info available in the forums that it just blows my mind..

I'm just starting out with getting a small setup of cams primarily going to be used for overviews of areas of interest and am entirely new to cameras in general and IP/POE cams in particular. I've done a little investigation using BI demo to see if it will accommodate what I'm looking for and have already in the past month found that the info I've learned here has saved me tons of time getting started.

So I just sprung for a copy of Blue Iris from the store and will be heading out on what has the makings of a f-u-n time. Being newly retired and having time on my hands, I see this being a good test of my financial health ("honest baby you need that to get started".. "I don't remember buying that but since it's here let's have a look"). Should be a good time.

TOJ

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to :ipct:

This place is full of tons of good info as you have found, along with a bunch of
good guys, camera nuts, nerds, and genuine geniuses. Enjoy!

Remember, cameras multiply like rabbits. Plan on it and you will still be short.