Should BI consume this much memory?

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. I have a dedicated BI PC with an i7-6700 @ 3.40 Ghz with 16GB memory. I currently have 4 cameras hooked up (all from empiretech). My cpu usage is fine and usually runs between 12-20%. However my memory usage is always around 50-60%. I am on the latest "stable" version of BI, I'd need to check the exact version. However I am surprised my mem usage is so high given I only have 4 cams and 16gb memory. Is it possible BI isn't utilizing all 16gb?

I have followed the guides on here to optimize BI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the memory usage start out relatively low say, after a reboot, then slowly build up?

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That might be a good test. I only noticed recently when I started using u3 that it's always 50%-60% usage. I only reboot once every few weeks. I can do a reboot and see where it starts. You thinking memory leak? I haven't seen it go above 60%.

BI and notepad++ are the only programs I have installed. This PC had a fresh Win 10 install and then I set up BI.

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I forgot that I did recently install project AI for motion alerts. Is that known to consume a lot of memory?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look in Task Manager for a breakdown of memory usage by process.

I just looked myself and the CodeProject.AI.Server is the biggest memory consumer on my system and I haven't even used it in months.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I forgot that I did recently install project AI for motion alerts. Is that known to consume a lot of memory?
Yes - most image AI programs (Deepstack, CP.AI) use a good amount of memory as they need to load the programming environment, many libraries and modules - I'd put my CP.AI at about 2GB of ram usage and 1GB GPU RAM and BI at about 800-1200MB RAM - They'll both also be using some amount of filesystem system cache