Share your BlueIris PC specs

dalepa

Reaction score
We get lots of questions on system specs for Blue Iris, so I thought I would start a public editable google sheet that allows everyone to share their BI build in one area.

Click here: Public Editable Sheet to edit in real-time.

----- -----
Reported by BIReported by BIReported by BIAverage (calculated)
#IPC UserProcessorSpeedVideo CardMemory GBCamerasBitrate (kB/s)CPUGB Ram in useMbit/s per Cam
1dalepai7-3770k4.3GHznvidia 660 ti16144100313.112.3
2nejakejnicki5-45903.7GHzintegrated8135000442.513.0
3bartenderfloydi5-6400T2.2GHzintegrated873400581.23.8

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CPU reported by BI is quite meaningless when you run other things as well.
Perhaps average CPU time measured by perfmon would be better - when BI is closed

Last edited by a moderator:

dalepa

Reaction score
Im not sure how BI calculates its CPU usage. It's different that the task manager usage. My BI is reporting 32% on the main screen, 38% in task manager and my system it at 42%

hmm.... Lets go with the metric from BI main screen for now.

CPU reported by BI is quite meaningless when you run other things as well.
Perhaps average CPU time measured by perfmon would be better - when BI is closed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera resolution and frame rate is an important factor as well as whether BI is open and displaying video vs running in the background.

Reactions: jrn

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im not sure how BI calculates its CPU usage. It's different that the task manager usage. My BI is reporting 32% on the main screen, 38% in task manager and my system it at 42%

hmm.... Lets go with the metric from BI main screen for now.
I tested that BI reports total system CPU usage, not of its process alone.

dalepa

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get the total frame rate other than adding it up in the status window?

I want to make it easy for now to collect the data to enter. It would be nice it ken did totals on the status window

The camera resolution and frame rate is an important factor as well as whether BI is open and displaying video vs running in the background.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get the total frame rate other than adding it up in the status window?

I want to make it easy for now to collect the data to enter. It would be nice it ken did totals on the status window
I dont think so. I think its important to note the frame rate of each camera since a the rate on a higher res camera will cause more of a change than on a lower res camera.

dalepa

Reaction score
I dont think so. I think its important to note the frame rate of each camera since a the rate on a higher res camera will cause more of a change than on a lower res camera.
yea, that would be nice to have, just need a easy way to collect total FPS

dalepa

Reaction score
Already some interesting data, but only 4 entries the first day. I was hoping for more data points from at least 20 folks by now with over 150 views.

Once we get some more data point, this should be useful for new members to get a rough idea on how many cams a given processor will support. Not exact science, but a start.

Add your Data HERE on the google sheet

#IPC UserProcessorGHzVideo CardMemory GB# CamerasBitrate (kB/s)CPU %GB in useBI VersionMbit/s per CamBitrate/Cam
1dalepai7-3770k4.3nvidia 660 ti16144100313.114.3.9.5 x642.3292.9
2nejakejnicki5-45903.7integrated8135000322.514.3.9.5 x643.0384.6
3bartenderfloydi5-6400T2.2integrated873400581.23.8485.7
4kevkmartini7-47904integrated32146450144.624.3.9.4 x643.6460.7

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Added my system specs. I was looking for something like this over the years. Hardware-decoding really helps, with my BI service running under 10% utilization on an i7 3770 with 13 cameras (which is more like 20% as once an i7 hits roughly 50%, it doesn't take much to rocket up to 90-100% - hyperthreading is very not-useful).

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Personally the form needs to have more columns for posting information that is being posted in the remarks column. Possibly having a PC system section and the BI section etc, so we can have a broader look at those important specs.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Personally the form needs to have more columns for posting information that is being posted in the remarks column. Possibly having a PC system section and the BI section etc, so we can have a broader look at those important specs.
I still think it's far better than trying to browse dozens of threads trying to find CPU usage + specifications details.

Since the January release, it has been difficult to figure out how hardware-accel performs on different CPUs, but from my experience in comparing an i7-920, i7-2600, i7-3770, i7-4790, and i7-6700k, there isn't much difference between the last few generations of Intel chips. Just need something with Quicksync support, and cores+frequency depending on quantity of data (cameras + fps + bitrate) one wants.

I'd like to see from-the-wall power usage numbers, since anyone can pick up a cheap power consumption meter to get at least some type of data.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good numbers. Can everyone agree to add a power consumption column? I haven't grabbed recent numbers. All I remember for this system is comparing power consumption between 8GB and 16GB, without BI running. Going from 8GB to 16GB added 1.5W of idle consumption. Four 4GB 1600MHz 1.5V sticks for 0.75W each.

I also have three different types of wall-meters. I'll have to try them all and see how consistent they are across the range for 99% idle, BI running, and CPU stress-test. Couple P3, couple Belkin, a half dozen z-wave meters.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still think it's far better than trying to browse dozens of threads trying to find CPU usage + specifications details.

Since the January release, it has been difficult to figure out how hardware-accel performs on different CPUs, but from my experience in comparing an i7-920, i7-2600, i7-3770, i7-4790, and i7-6700k, there isn't much difference between the last few generations of Intel chips. Just need something with Quicksync support, and cores+frequency depending on quantity of data (cameras + fps + bitrate) one wants.

I'd like to see from-the-wall power usage numbers, since anyone can pick up a cheap power consumption meter to get at least some type of data.
I totally agree with you and location of good information like this without having to search huge threads, but I guarantee this thread will grow into a giant thread as well.
I find the hardest thing here on the forum is locating information fast because usually those good informed threads are just so long with pages to read over. I wonder if maybe having a fact sheet on the entire thread generalized at the end or beginning of an important subject to show the final decision of the subject. I don't know, I am just throwing an idea out to see maybe someone can figure out how we can condense enormous threads.
One way also is to add detailed post subjects within the main subject. For example, instead of just HIKVISION as a thread for everything hik, perhaps add sub directories for each model number. Maybe in BI thread, sub directories like image setup, and isp setup and so on.
I wish I was more of a reader, but I am not a big fan. I also try to use the search as much as possible too.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good numbers. Can everyone agree to add a power consumption column? I haven't grabbed recent numbers. All I remember for this system is comparing power consumption between 8GB and 16GB, without BI running. Going from 8GB to 16GB added 1.5W of idle consumption. Four 4GB 1600MHz 1.5V sticks for 0.75W each.

I also have three different types of wall-meters. I'll have to try them all and see how consistent they are across the range for 99% idle, BI running, and CPU stress-test. Couple P3, couple Belkin, a half dozen z-wave meters.

First meter - 16W idle, 62W with only BI service running. i7-3770 CPU usage bouncing between 5-9%. 112W if I close BI and run Prime95. IntelBurnTest peaks at 108W.

Obviously not the most power efficient at low loads.

Ricco

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using this forum and BI for a few months now but only just registered.. I added my specs to the sheet, looks like I am the first to register BI running in a VM.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pentium G3220 at 3GHz, 16GB RAM, one SSD, Windows 8 x64. Installed as service but BI interface not running.

Tested full export/import of settings from my camera system, updated the storage-drive location and verified motion detection is working. Then tested with 3 cams disabled to get an even 10 (but one was still at 15fps)

10 cameras, 9x 3MP@10fps, 1x 3MP@15fps - 60% CPU
13 cameras, 9x 3MP@10fps, 2x 3MP@15fps, 1x2MP@15fps, 1x1MP@15fps - 70% CPU

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just added mine. Nice to see everyone's data and how systems compare with cameras and different professors and stuff. Great idea for a thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalepa

Reaction score
Anyone give the new Intel-Sticks a try? I wonder if you could get 5-6 3MP cams and BI running on this... 2 USB3 on the power adapter is interesting.

It would be a fun project...

PcMark is 3056.

• Intel Core m3-6Y30 processor
  • Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Intel HD graphics
  • 4 GB total DDR3 1866 MHz dual channel memory
  • 64 GB eMMC device built-in
  • Integrated Intel 802.11ac wireless (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260)
  • One USB 3.0 on device and two USB 3.0 on power adapter
  • Bluetooth 4.2

Capture.PNG

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.