Shadows from large trees are driving me nuts setting off motion capture

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to calm the motion capture during sunny days without making it unusable at night. This is 2MP 2.8MM cam.

See the settings I am using. Would love to get some guidance on what I am going wrong

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris allows for independent settings for day and night. You can set the profiles to change relative to sunrise sunset. Also you need to stop using the hotspot, that is causing your problem..your make time is also way too long, its should be under 1 second.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using area, not hotspot. Excluding roadway, so I don't capture cars. Any advice re. daytime settings?

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I will go two-profile route for night and day.

Question: what is good Minimum Contrast setting, if there are lots of moving shadows during the day?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The moving shadows are very high contrast (part of what makes them so hard to filter out). So I don't think Minimum Contrast is going to help no matter where you set it.

I think the keys here for you are:

1) Separate day/night profiles.
2) During the day profile, a larger "object travels" distance and/or zone crossing requirement.

Regarding the "make time", I think you are fine with 2 seconds. People or vehicles moving through that camera's field of view are likely to be moving a lot longer than that before they exit the view.