Setup ntp wirh nettime

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got the walk through on here and setup the ntp with nettime. Question, is the ntp server address on my nvr going to be the ip address of the computer running nettime?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you get this working? What OS do you have running NetTime ? I updated my BI PC and it's running Win11 with NetTime and it won't accept any time sync requests even with Windows firewall off. I had it running with no issues on the old BI pc running Win7.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you get this working? What OS do you have running NetTime ? I updated my BI PC and it's running Win11 with NetTime and it won't accept any time sync requests even with Windows firewall off. I had it running with no issues on the old BI pc running Win7.
Check to see if your network properties changed to "public" from "private" or vice versa. Updates to W10 does it sometimes, W11 probably does it too.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have two NICs, the onboard which is my main lan is private and the second which is my ipcam lan is public.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So it's the "public ipcam lan" and cams won't update time from PC running Nettime?
Yea... also there is no option to set it to private, but the other ethernet connection has that option.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The ipcam lan is also listed as "unidentified" but I assume that is because it has no internet access and/or gateway?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I uninstalled NetTime and installed the latest alpha v3 and it automagically works now. :idk: