setting up continuous recording plus triggers ?

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can someone point me at some basic stuff about how to configure BlueIris to both full time record a camera, and process triggers? I've got it running now on 7 cameras just saving videos that start 10s before a trigger and are a minimum 30s long. I've played with DeepState AI triggers, but right now, I'm using simple masked motion detect in blueiris on all cameras. I have probably 4 different camera models so managing camera based detection would be really complicated.

my latest interesting night capture... 5:15am Sunday morning, a crewcab Tundra pickup, apparently going too fast in the heavy rain, ran directly into the power pole feeding my house along with 5 of my neighbors, the pole is right at the end of my driveway. This knocked my power out until 1pm the next day, closed the through road I live on until 6pm when AT*T finshed. Xfinity/Comcast fixed us up this morning.

hahahha, I heard the senior xfinity dude telling the guy doing the pole and wiring, there's 2 houses over there, not the one you think, and even though only one of them has cable, hook it up to both. they hooked me up first, because I called it in and escalated it with Safety Issue: 'cable on the road' :D then he had my neighbor hooked up 15 minutes later, and went off to work on the 2-er-3 places on the other side.

apparently they are going to come back in 1-3 months, and redo a temporary cable across the street, and retention the longer runs. neither my neighbor or I has any active landlines, so the telco, AT&T basically ripped out what was left of the broken land line to my house. I used to have 6 pairs from the street and was using 4 (ISDN, SDSL, and 2 plain old telephone lines)

Attachments

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Within the settings for each camera, "record" tab, select "Continuous + Triggered" from the Video pulldown.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah, guess I need to learn how to view all that in BI.

I'l enable that on my favorite camera and see what I get.