Setting for motion capture multiple image and send to email?

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple of ZE4 camera and I"m using hikvision NVR. I cannot find any setting on th ZE4 camera itself or NVR to do this. Maybe I need something better?

What I wanted to do is when a motion is detected, it'll send me a screen shot of the first 1 sec. then another 2nd image of 2 sec later, and 3 sec 3rd image. I wanted it to send me 5 image per motion detect to my email.

Is this possible? if so please advise.

If not, is there a way when motion sensor is detect, have it send me the video file through email?

thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would run Blue Iris on a dedicated computer (at least most of us do and we buy a refurbished business class machine to save costs). Someone else can chime in that uses NAS as I am sure there are some other ways as well.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would run Blue Iris on a dedicated computer (at least most of us do and we buy a refurbished business class machine to save costs). Someone else can chime in that uses NAS as I am sure there are some other ways as well.
Blue Iris is like a benz? compare to hikvision as to honda?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us feel like Blue Iris is the best all-around VMS, while others here like the NVRs. I have had both and prefer Blue Iris. A lot more flexibility and ability to really dial things in and watching playback is so much nicer than I ever saw with a NVR. But people will say the same thing about NVR.

Nice thing about Blue Iris is that you can get a 14-day demo and try it out and see what you think. I downloaded it to a laptop (would never want to use a laptop for the actual system though) and immediately I knew this was what I wanted to go to.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many of us feel like Blue Iris is the best all-around VMS, while others here like the NVRs. I have had both and prefer Blue Iris. A lot more flexibility and ability to really dial things in and watching playback is so much nicer than I ever saw with a NVR. But people will say the same thing about NVR.

Nice thing about Blue Iris is that you can get a 14-day demo and try it out and see what you think. I downloaded it to a laptop (would never want to use a laptop for the actual system though) and immediately I knew this was what I wanted to go to.
sweet!!! do you mine sharing what computer you have? like the CPU, memory and harddrive.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This was the tool I used when I got mine:

I strongly encourage you to look at ebay/Amazon/MicroCenter or any certified refurbish site and by a used computer.

Many of these used computers are business class computers that have come off lease. The one I bought I kid you not I could not tell that it was a refurbished unit - not a speck of dust or dents or scratches on it. It appeared to me like everything was replaced and I would assume just the motherboard with the intel processor is what was from the original unit. I went with the lowest end processor (4th generation) on this list as it was the cheapest and it runs my system fine, and since then BI added a substream option and makes it really easy to run on a lower end system.

You can probably get one for around $200-$300 and but make sure it comes with Windows 10 PRO, a SSD drive and at least 8GB RAM (preferred 16GB). Then toss in a WD purple hard drive and you got an economical NVR.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This was the tool I used when I got mine:

I strongly encourage you to look at ebay/Amazon/MicroCenter or any certified refurbish site and by a used computer.

Many of these used computers are business class computers that have come off lease. The one I bought I kid you not I could not tell that it was a refurbished unit - not a speck of dust or dents or scratches on it. It appeared to me like everything was replaced and I would assume just the motherboard with the intel processor is what was from the original unit. I went with the lowest end processor (4th generation) on this list as it was the cheapest and it runs my system fine, and since then BI added a substream option and makes it really easy to run on a lower end system.

You can probably get one for around $200-$300 and but make sure it comes with Windows 10 PRO, a SSD drive and at least 8GB RAM (preferred 16GB). Then toss in a WD purple hard drive and you got an economical NVR.
Yes. I already got a spare PC to use this on. It is an optiplex 3030, i5, 16GB memory and 512SSD . I'm going to throw in my hikvision NVR drive into it tommorrow. Currently I download the 15 days and tested out the motion detect, send email x amount of sec or how many I want and also I can trigger it to send me a video also. This is so cool. I'll see the picture quality in the morning to see if its good.

Is there any setting I need to know to capture it in the most highest resolution possible? Let me know..

Attached is the picture i capture from blue iris.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh then you are well on your way! Blue Iris simply takes the video stream from the camera, so the quality will be the same, unless you go rogue. Direct-to-disc encoding is a must for you to use. Do not try any of the re-encoding options.

Also, use the substream feature that will drop the CPU usage tremendously.