Send Pushover notifications with pictures and hyperlinks

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Curious if you are using Artificial Intelligence on your Trigger qualifiers? You may be getting a triggered event but running it through AI before the alert is sent. And if this is the case then if AI doesn't meet the conditions required to send the PushOver alert you'll never see it. The best way to check this is look at your alerts. If "nothing found" then no PushOver alert if this is how you have it configured. See below....top one, no PushOver alert....bottom one, yes.

View attachment 176800
No, AI is disabled on that (and most of my) camera(s). I think Jay is right about the database. It's been a long time (and lots of updates) since I've last regenerated it. That may also explain why the problem got progressively worse over a two week period of time. It was very inconsistent.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just noticed the &ALERT_DB macro is resolving to '@-1'.
I saw that recently when my database was corrupted by v5.8.0.9. Maybe time for a DB/Repair or DB/Regenerate?
You're a genius. That was it. Deleted the DB folder under c:\blueiris and rebuilt. working like a champ now. TY!

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You're a genius. That was it. Deleted the DB folder under c:\blueiris and rebuilt. working like a champ now. TY!
Just curious, we're you running v5.8.0.7-5.8.0.9 at some point the past week? Many of us lost all of our recordings running one of these. This is when I first noticed the DB returning record ids like '@-1'.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just curious, we're you running v5.8.0.7-5.8.0.9 at some point the past week? Many of us lost all of our recordings running one of these. This is when I first noticed the DB returning record ids like '@-1'.
No, I was actually running 5.8.0.3. I just bumped it to the latest (5.8.0.14). I know, bleeding edge is asking for issues, but I'm a gambling man. I hadn't updated in a while since I was relying on the prompt of a newer version - and at some point I disabled the prompt.

That said, running .14 now, I get this:
1698934453985.png

So the @-1 appears to be the new norm.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No, I was actually running 5.8.0.3. I just bumped it to the latest (5.8.0.14). I know, bleeding edge is asking for issues, but I'm a gambling man. I hadn't updated in a while since I was relying on the prompt of a newer version - and at some point I disabled the prompt.

That said, running .14 now, I get this:
View attachment 176806

So the @-1 appears to be the new norm.
I'd have to experiment with this, but I suspect the '@-1' value (which i assume means 'no record') may be expected with a temporary jpg... I think Blue Iris creates a temp JPG when you have neither 'Hi-res JPG files' (Triiger tab > Add to alerts list'), or 'Burn label mark-up onto alert images' (AI tab) enabled... if I recall correctly, Ken added the temporary JPGs so we could do things like send Pushover notifications even when alert JPGs were not being saved.

Last edited:

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use pushover on my iphone and I do not have Chrome set as the default browser. Neither is Safari. I digress.

I was looking into methods of forcing Chrome to open with the pushover alert links so I can leave my phone settings alone.

To force IOS to use Chrome replace http with googlechrome and https with googlechromes. This means:

h ttp:/www.google.com/ becomes googlechrome:/www.google.com/
h ttps:/apple.stackexchange.com/ becomes googlechromes:/apple.stackexchange.com/

I was experimenting with googlechrome in the script but get duplicate http - so h ttp:/h ttp. Thus, if I enter "url=googlechrome: ...." it will open in Chrome but give me http twice and an error. I believe the issue is BI has h ttp:/ imbedded in the webserver tab where it is greyed out.

Does anyone see anything simple to change in the line "url=&LAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB&maximize=1" to get it to open in Chrome? I'm not looking to make things complicated, and I guess I could hardcode the IP address.

Had to put a space after the h in h ttp

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use pushover on my iphone and I do not have Chrome set as the default browser. Neither is Safari. I digress.

I was looking into methods of forcing Chrome to open with the pushover alert links so I can leave my phone settings alone.

To force IOS to use Chrome replace http with googlechrome and https with googlechromes. This means:

h ttps:/apple.stackexchange.com/ becomes googlechromes:/apple.stackexchange.com/

I was experimenting with googlechrome in the script but get duplicate http - so h ttp:/h ttp. Thus, if I enter "url=googlechrome: ...." it will open in Chrome but give me http twice and an error. I believe the issue is BI has h ttp:/ imbedded in the webserver tab where it is greyed out.

Does anyone see anything simple to change in the line "url=&LAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB&maximize=1" to get it to open in Chrome? I'm not looking to make things complicated, and I guess I could hardcode the IP address.

What about the BI server's port ?
As in "&LAN:81/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB&maximize=1"

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What about the BI server's port ?
As in "&LAN:81/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB&maximize=1"
The port is included already, see screenshot. I’m trying to force it open in Chrome but you can see the http:// is not changeable on the web server tab. Although I’m not entirely sure if the &LAN adds it or if it pulls it from that field.

I can access ui3 fine from Chrome. I’m just trying to be lazy and have the link open it from pushover without changing the default browser to chrome.

Attachments

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Seems like you already have a potential solution? Did you try the below?

"url=googlechrome:/<IP>: <Port>/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB&maximize=1"

What I do instead is use DNS, and have split DNS setup so the DNS name resolves to an internal IP when I'm home and an external IP when I'm not. Instead of using &LAN or &WAN, I just manually define my DNS name like in place of &LAN or &WAN.

Only one way to find out if your method will work... try it and let us know.

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The googlechrome:/ forces the link to open in Chrome.
Are you confirming it works? JW, I don't have an ios device to test on. I think it should be "googlechrome:/ /" (no space between the /'s) and not "googlechrome:/", although I suspect both ways may work.

Reaction score
@jaydeel I'm attempting to setup pushover notifications using Digital Watchdog. DW has an option called Do HTTPs request and it can be activated upon an analytical event trigger. I've tried a number of combinations and I've also read Pushovers API page. I just can't seem to figure it out lol. All I'm trying to do at this point is get DW to successfully send me a pushover notification which only includes a simple message like "test". DW has a feature called "bookmarks" which is similar to BI's alerts. Once I get DW to send a successful Pushover then I'll figure out how to grab the bookmark image. I've included my token, user and message in the link. I think I'm just not typing it in properly. Assuming I continue the line in the HTTPs URL field, how would I continue it after "messages.json'"? Do you have any suggestions?
Digital Watchdog HTTP Request.jpg

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@jaydeel I'm attempting to setup pushover notifications using Digital Watchdog. DW has an option called Do HTTPs request and it can be activated upon an analytical event trigger. I've tried a number of combinations and I've also read Pushovers API page. I just can't seem to figure it out lol. All I'm trying to do at this point is get DW to successfully send me a pushover notification which only includes a simple message like "test". DW has a feature called "bookmarks" which is similar to BI's alerts. Once I get DW to send a successful Pushover then I'll figure out how to grab the bookmark image. I've included my token, user and message in the link. I think I'm just not typing it in properly. Assuming I continue the line in the HTTPs URL field, how would I continue it after "messages.json'"? Do you have any suggestions?
View attachment 177130
I made a cursory, unsuccessful attempt to find a user guide for your software.

Does DW have an option to send a curl command?

If not, how about to run a program/script? If affirmative, here’s a basic PowerShell script I previously posted that you might find useful for testing.

Reaction score
I made a cursory, unsuccessful attempt to find a user guide for your software.

If not, how about to run a program/script? If affirmative, here’s a basic PowerShell script I previously posted that you might find useful for testing.
No, only option is to do a HTTPs request. I attached a picture with all of the options.

DW 1.jpgDW 2.jpg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
View attachment 177130

If not, how about to run a program/script? Here’s a basic PowerShell script I posted for testing.

I made a cursory, unsuccessful attempt to find a user guide.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Reaction score
The email option works, I was just hoping I could get it configured where I could send it directly to pushover without having to use an email address and have a bunch of emails in my "sent" folder. Worse cause I will just use the DW app for push notifications. Only problem is I can't change the sounds on DW app and I like the distinctive sound of the pushover alerts.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The email option works, I was just hoping I could get it configured where I could send it directly to pushover without having to use an email address and have a bunch of emails in my "sent" folder. Worse cause I will just use the DW app for push notifications. Only problem is I can't change the sounds on DW app and I like the distinctive sound of the pushover alerts.
Sounds like a crappy app/server software. Blue Iris for the win! I'm sure @fenderman would get a kick out of that lol.
Regards,
Philip