Send internet to wood work shop how to?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is my understanding that the 60GHz connection is much more fragile than a 5GHz connection, so the 5 GHz takes over in case the 60 GHz goes offline. Rain has a much stronger effect on 60GHz signals.

CEE

n3wb
Reaction score
Since nothing seems to be in stock what would compare to the Nanobeam Gen2 .

Looking for something that is in stock! I don't care about the size mostly the Mbps.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL 4 times the normal price. You guys are crazy if you over pay that much. For that price he could buy the high end models that are in stock at UI.
He said he coudln't find any in stock. My job isn't to sniff out the best price. I responded with a location they were in stock.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The ubiquiti gear seems to be in low stock to no stock everywhere and quite often pricing is inflated. I’m sure they blame the supply issue on Covid like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CEE

n3wb
Reaction score
What would be a good router that i can use as a access point at the work shop for wireless? My other stuff is tp link, switch and poe.

Thanks everyone for the links!

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
A word of note for those folks in the future that try to use a point to point bridge... but over a body of water such as a marina, small lake/pond, etc. My work tried 5 or 6 different Ubiquiti models (omni, nano, etc) to get a stable fast link 1/4 mile distant over a marina. All failed due to the water reflection, water wave distortion, etc. Recommendations of angling the devices upward at a 15degree angle or higher did not help.
We tried out MikroTik point to point devices just to for trial purposes because was running out of options. They worked.
We had a 2nd job of a main building wanting point to point to remote building 1 mile distant. In between was a metal framed building. Various Ubiquiti models wouldn't work very well (connected but sporadic bandwidth). You could draw a line from main to remote building and that in-between building was 5' off center it seemed. Again, we then tried MikroTik and they worked 100%.
I do not know how they worked...I do not know what technical difference there is between Ubqiuti and Microtik nor do I know if they are quality made or their longevity...but bossman (who bought/programmed them) said even simpler than Ubiquiti's, price tag was wonderful, and quality connections. I love Ubiquiti stuff as I have their product through out my home. But when it comes to point-to-point for work purposes, we have swapped to using MikroTik.
Can not remember exact model # we used at both locations...but they physically resembled looking like pic below.
temp.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want a link over water, the best thing is go high on the frequency, and make sure you point the antennas at the other dish,
not at the reflection on the water. The reflection will not be stable and will mess with your signal to noise ration as the water moves, ripples, etc.