secondary stream

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello everyone still needs your help this morning, the secondary stream on my dahua cameras, what is the correct adjustment ratio because when I look at my alerts on my iphone the movements are jerky, I tried a lot of tests and it Is always the same thing is it the FPS or KB/S I have to change thanks again

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
It may help to state which camera you have... But overall Dahua has ample settings to mess around with:
1670867733510.png

At least the resolution should give the correct "aspect ratio", all other parameters are fancy :D

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Then the next logical question is: can you show here what you mean with "jerky"? :cool:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should match codec for main and substream and should match FPS and iframe for both.

Also, how are you watching it - thru DMSS and the camera is connected to the router or a VMS like an NVR or Blue Iris?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Couldn't find your model in the store but the number suggests it's 4 or 5 mp, in which case I'd suggest the resolution and bit rate are too low for both the mainstream and substream. I'd up the mainstream to the full camera output resolution and @ 8,000kbs and up the sub stream to 1080P and 1,000kbs. Also do what Wittaj has suggested to encoding, fps and iframe. BTW fps is fine at 20fps, but most find 15fps sufficient so you can gain back a bit of bandwidth from upping the streams by dropping the fps to 15fps.