search for Cam System

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for my bad english...
So for my House i need some IP Cams. East European Bugler come on only on day and brake into a house. :sick:
I need a 24h System who work on day and night. Thats Easy i choose a Thermal Cam for the back of the House (no light there). For the front and side i will see.
The Major Problem is a Cam only bases System would make Alarm when the detect if some moving. So when i come home the would call the Police and that sucks...
So which System allow me to use an VoIP Door System (for example my favourite: 2N Helios IP Vario) to deactivate if for some Minutes and a way to set an Manual Timeout (like a Garden Party or so).
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
cost to much.no not all when the system and the cams are good!
You said you installed a thermal camera, that is much more expensive than an alarm system..here in the US you can get a good wireless alarm system for 500-800 dollars with pir motion sensors, window/door sensors and gsm mobile calling..
As far as motion sensing, please show me a camera system that is as accurate as a home alarm - it does not exist...the only way to get even close is to use top notch pir sensors on cameras that have external alarms or use magnetic contacts like alarms do...but PIR outdoor is inevitably going to have false alerts..you dont want to cry wolf with the cops...
It will also not be cheap...and is not dependent on how good the system is but rather how good the PIR or magnets are attached to the system.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it can be had for even less than what @fenderman was thinking when he corrected himself :D: Simplisafe

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You said you installed a thermal camera, that is much more expensive than an alarm system..
sure an Thermal Cam can detect what an normal system not can.
please show me a camera system that is as accurate as a home alarm - it does not exist...
Why do you think so?
you dont want to cry wolf with the cops...
No i dont. I have tu use an Certified Alarm system for the "Cop Calling" Funktion. The same for the Fire brigade. If there any false alarm i have to pay from 800€ to.... for the false alarm....
PIR or magnet
i dont under stand what you mean with that.
was thinking when he corrected himself : Simplisafe
No product for me.
And no i am not from the US.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sure an Thermal Cam can detect what an normal system not can.Why do you think so?No i dont. I have tu use an Certified Alarm system for the "Cop Calling" Funktion. The same for the Fire brigade. If there any false alarm i have to pay from 800€ to.... for the false alarm....i dont under stand what you mean with that.No product for me.
And no i am not from the US.
There is absolutly no need for a thermal system for a home environment...Its much cheaper to add real lighting..thermal image might let you know something is there but the resolution is terrible..
I think so because it does not exist..if it did you could post a link to it. Like I said, you would need a to use PIR or magnents or pay a huge fee for software with analytics, and even then you cannot have the software call the police, its not reliable enough..
So why dont you use a regular cameras system with an internal alarm..Im sure they sell similar system where you live.
When I say PIR and magnets, I mean an outdoor PIR sensor attached to a camera with an alarm in or contact magnets attached to the alarm in.

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its much cheaper to add real lighting..
the clue is the cam is 100% passive. Its not allowed to have light on in the night.
thermal image might let you know something is there but the resolution is terrible..
You realy think?
pay a huge fee for software with analytics
lol the software is free 4 all. It call Motion Alarm... that can every 50€ Cam (when the sun shine).
and even then you cannot have the software call the police
For that i must have an certified alarm system who coste more than a Thermal Cam over the years.
So why dont you use a regular cameras system with an internal alarm..
Sorry what did you mean with?
So i ask again what does "PIR and magnets" mean?! :sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you not allowed to have light on at night? is there a law or ordinance prohibiting it? if yes, you can just use IR illuminators and still get WAY better images than thermal.
PIR and magnets mean PIR and magnets...google it...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW7S8K/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0057M163G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WWAWTG1DZYDBRZE2EC2

That thermal video was totally useless other than to identify that there was a person present. That camera is 3000 dollars...In one post you are trying to save a few dollars by making a webcam see IR, in the next you are advocating using a $3000+ camera..the software is not free, its part of the 3000 you pay for the camera...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW7S8K/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0057M163G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WWAWTG1DZYDBRZE2EC2
I dont understand what you mean by cost more than a thermal camera...if you need a certified alarm to call the police how will you call the police with a thermal camera. With a thermal camera costing 3000 dollars how is this going to be cheaper than an alarm...something doesnt make sense here.

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why are you not allowed to have light on at night? is there a law or ordinance prohibiting it? if yes, you can just use IR illuminators and still get WAY better images than thermal.
The neighbours want to sleep at night to...
I say it again and again and again... IR Light is not an passive technology... ok? Even the Cheapest Cellphone can make it visible.
PIR and magnets mean PIR and magnets...google it...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...G1DZYDBRZE2EC2
you mean that sshhtt.... Whe have that on the light switch and what shuld i say? All time when the Wind get heavy or an Animal cross the Backyard the system drive insane and shine the hole night.
That thermal video was totally useless other than to identify that there was a person present.
You mean an Picture of the Person who enter my Yard? Its Picture are useless the next Boarder is 30min - 60min away and we have 3 States next to. The chance to find the Person again are 0,XXXX%. 3 Days ago an insane Guy from Romania shot (!) 2 "Friends" in the Tram and we was not found. So trust me the only way is defend myself.
using a $3000+ camera..the software is not free, its part of the 3000 you pay for the camera...
i pay for the hole Camera who include some features...?!
I dont understand what you mean by cost more than a thermal camera...if you need a certified alarm to call the police how will you call the police with a thermal camera.
The cost for the system them self, contract, Landline Phone Contract,... thats cost once or an monthly fee who isnt cheap over the years.
I dont need to call the Police. If someone try to enter my yard i open the Windows and shot some Paintballs out. :livid:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need the brightest light - Light is also a GREAT deterrent......or if you wish use IR, why do you need to hide your IR light? Whats the big secret? In your other post you want to use IR light with a webcam..So why is it that you dont want to use IR?
You have that exact PIR sensor on your light? I doubt it..PIR sensors as any other good come in a variety of quality levels..
Alarms can work on gsm, you dont need landline...if you are home like you say you dont need the alarm to call anyone...if you are not home then you are screwed..what if you are not near your phone, or you have no reception or its dead...if that is not a problem then you can simply use an alarm that calls your phone...it uses the internet you dont even need a landline..
Bottom line is you can get the same results with a good quality PIR sensor and a regular camera that has an alarm in...
I dont see how a 3000 dollar camera, is in any way cost effective...you will need more than one if you want to cover your whole house..this makes no sense to me...but its your money and your house..good luck.