SD6AL433XA autotracking issues

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can use the NVR interface IF you are using it to then get into the camera GUI. And it is best to make all these changes within the camera GUI itself, not the NVR or SmartPSS.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1669474554249.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I almost always use NVR interface to setup IVS rules for all cameras.
There 3 ways to work with IVS rules: camera web interface, NVR interface and SmartPSS application for Windows.
Would you recomment to use ONLY web camera interface ?
Unfortunately I've not payed attention to it.
I recommend the camera direct web interface for ALL settings except recording schedule and NVR network issues.
The only other time to use NVR for settings is for functions like setting up spotter cams to activate the ptz. But if it can be set on the camera interface, do it there. And use IE

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I setup IVS rules from the Web interface and changed the Tracking Target Size Ratio from 10 to 50.
Unfortunatelly camera loses target in several seconds of autotracking.
It starts autotracking about 3-4 seconds after that interupts it and repeat the process a few times.
Here examples are.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the track time set to a larger number? Are you making these changes in Internet Explorer? It seems with Dahua PTZs that the track time is really dependent on being Internet Explorer.

Are you running auto/default settings?

I would suggest isolating the camera from the NVR and see confirm the NVR is not sending conflicting commands. The tracking 1 video shouldn't have lost track like that unless another command is overriding it.

Tracking 2 I can see it losing. Ideally for an intrusion box or tripwires, you should have the initial field of view be such that the camera doesn't have to initially pan too much up/down or left/right to get the object in the center of the screen to start tracking. The closer the object is to the center of the image, the better the chance that it will track correctly. An entire Field of View IVS rules can cause it to latch on to the wrong item as it starts its initial tracking.

The reason it starts looking upward or left or right is usually because the intrusion box is too big so the camera identifies the object before it is in the center of the field of view and then sometimes something else matches the "algorithm signature" of the initial object and then starts trying to track something that isn't there. Adjusting the field of view and the locations of the IVS rules to be closer to the center can fix that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep. Spotter trigger overrides current tracking in progress. One has to give much thought and testing to setting up spotters and overlap. Bourbon helps greatly

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try 35 on the tracking target size. I’ve found anything over 40 can be problematic. I think that’s why it lost you at the door in the first clip

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not real sure how anyone does any complex thinking without bourbon, … but the two things that I recommend

1- don’t allow spotter cam IVS rules to cross or interfere with the PTZ IVS rules for that preset.
For instance a spotter cam rule might be a simple 1 line tripwire at the very entrance to the scene.
2- Not all IVS rules on your spotter cam need to be set as PTZ activation rules. I have a couple of static cams with 2 or 3 IVS rules but only one of those is used to activate the PTZ

Reaction score
The 433s will auto-track well when setup as described above but they will stop auto-tracking the subject, zoom back out to the preset it was called to when the subject crosses one of the spotter cams IVS rules, but they will reengage tracking fairly quickly.

Last edited: