SD5A425XA-HNR PTZ controls won't work.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My SD5A425XA-HNR ptz controls just stopped working. I can't them to respond at all. No, zoom or pan or anything. What could have happened? Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How old is it and was it on a tour cycle?

If it was on a tour cycle, you probably reached the cycle limit and it became disabled.

Someone here recently had their PTZ on patrol changing presets every 7 seconds and got the warning after around 440 days.

matamata

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, I came here looking for some information before I get going in the wrong direction. I have the same problem, but with a rebrand of the same camera. My situation came about after I chose to flash the PTZ firmware file. I downloaded the file from Dahua and attempted to flash the firmware. The update failed. Ever since then I do not have a section that says PTZ firmware. I lost any and all Pan and tilt, I believe I have zoom. I then went to the Vikylin website to use their version of the firmware, and it was the only camera that did not have a link for firmware. I contacted their support team and afte about an hour and them asking me why I needed it, they emailed me a firmware package which was an upgrade, even though it said there was not one, the number is higher than the current one listed at Dahua, but there is still not a PTZ firmwarein the package. So i am still stuck, but had to step away from it because, my brain needed a break. My camera model is VD-SD4825X, and the new firmware was considerably bigger at 380 MB, its is labeled 2.6.01.05.68491 General_SD-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3-Normal_V3.200.0000003.0.R.230325. I just started setting up the camera and have never run a tour, pattern, or any thing other than setting abut 30 presets. the file i initially tried to flash was labeled General_SD5AXXXG-HN_MCU_V2.401.0000001.42.R.220811.bin. The camera did take the new one from Vikylin, it added a maintenance center section and a few other things like face finding, but I still don't have pan or tilt or a section that says PTZ firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok, I came here looking for some information before I get going in the wrong direction. I have the same problem, but with a rebrand of the same camera. My situation came about after I chose to flash the PTZ firmware file. I downloaded the file from Dahua and attempted to flash the firmware. The update failed. Ever since then I do not have a section that says PTZ firmware. I lost any and all Pan and tilt, I believe I have zoom. I then went to the Vikylin website to use their version of the firmware, and it was the only camera that did not have a link for firmware. I contacted their support team and afte about an hour and them asking me why I needed it, they emailed me a firmware package which was an upgrade, even though it said there was not one, the number is higher than the current one listed at Dahua, but there is still not a PTZ firmwarein the package. So i am still stuck, but had to step away from it because, my brain needed a break. My camera model is VD-SD4825X, and the new firmware was considerably bigger at 380 MB, its is labeled 2.6.01.05.68491 General_SD-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3-Normal_V3.200.0000003.0.R.230325. I just started setting up the camera and have never run a tour, pattern, or any thing other than setting abut 30 presets. the file i initially tried to flash was labeled General_SD5AXXXG-HN_MCU_V2.401.0000001.42.R.220811.bin. The camera did take the new one from Vikylin, it added a maintenance center section and a few other things like face finding, but I still don't have pan or tilt or a section that says PTZ firmware.
This is not the same situation - yours happened after you flashed a firmware.

And you flashed a wrong firmware. The VD-SD4825X is more like the 49825 not the SD5A42. And flashing the firmware for the 49825 will remove autotracking if your camera had it as that was removed in the latest firmware update.

Why were you flashing the firmware? Most here do not update firmware for a camera that is working. Too many issues like this or others that happen. Like I said, the 49xxx series PTZs lose autotracking if you update the firmware.

There will not be a PTZ pan or tilt section, just the buttons top right:

1692656679716.png

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How old is it and was it on a tour cycle?

If it was on a tour cycle, you probably reached the cycle limit and it became disabled.

Someone here recently had their PTZ on patrol changing presets every 7 seconds and got the warning after around 440 days.
The camera is 690 day(s) 7 hour(s) 30 minute(s) . It was not on a tour cycle. It should last longer than that I would hope. Maybe it is user error and I did something to a setting that I am not aware of. I can't find anything though.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is not the same situation - yours happened after you flashed a firmware.

And you flashed a wrong firmware. The VD-SD4825X is more like the 49825 not the SD5A42. And flashing the firmware for the 49825 will remove autotracking if your camera had it as that was removed in the latest firmware update.

Why were you flashing the firmware? Most here do not update firmware for a camera that is working. Too many issues like this or others that happen. Like I said, the 49xxx series PTZs lose autotracking if you update the firmware.

There will not be a PTZ pan or tilt section, just the buttons top right:

View attachment 170537
I flashed firmware recently, but it was firmware directly from Andy for the PTZ version I gave him. I did 2 of them. One works, the other doesn't. Although, I flashed it a week ago, and it only quit working yesterday.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer and not edge with ie tab or a different browser?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, did you do the factory reset 3 times, flash firmware, factory reset 3 more times?

It sounds weird but those of us that do that don't have weird issues.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I unplugged the power from the PTZ for a short time. I plugged it back in, and it now works again. Crazy.
Well, it works. Now I need to start another post for a different PTZ I just got.
Thanks for your help.