SD5A425GA-HNR events not showing

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I have a SD5A425GA-HNR that I can’t get to record events that I have in my presets. I’ve set rules and mapped out tripwires and intrusions. I’ve witnessed the camera zoom in and follow cars. Everything just shows up as ordinary recording not events or alarms. The events will show up as snapshots and I can’t find anymore screens to enable recording. I’ve enabled event recording on the same screens as snapshots. If I get this squared away, the camera will be doing what I need it to do.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hit the home icon

Screen pulls up showing AI and some other things

Slide to the next page and is an icon called record and that is where you find the saved video

Very intuitive...not lol

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Absolutely, I found everything recorded under “general”. Just no events at all.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the general recordings short clips of the actual event or are they continous recordings with no tags for the event?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go thru your settings again. Somewhere you have enabled general recording.

Go to EVENT tab and make sure all of those are disabled.

Then go to RECORD and then time plan and make sure that GENERAL is not shown and Event is shown

1682106344781.png

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That did it. New problem. I do keep getting short clips now in events. I’m PRETTY sure it’s trees and bushes giving false alarms. Is the sensitivity adjustable at all?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have motion detection or smart motion detection enabled.

Using IVS for vehicle or human should result in very little false.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have motion detection or smart motion detection enabled.

Using IVS for vehicle or human should result in very little false.
smart motion detection was enabled. I’m still getting some false alarms. I had no idea how sensitive the system was so, I added multiple rules to the same preset and I was kinda broad with the perimeters. (As in overlapping more shrubbery than probably necessary.) I may go back and play with that. Also, I had the camera set to record an intersection here. When I panned back to my house thinking it would stay, the camera rotated between the intersection preset and my house preset. What up with that? Lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you want tracking, I would turn SMD and MD off. I get darn near zero false alarms. I can't tell you the last time I got a false one with my PTZ.

Make sure you keep min size to 0,0 and I assume you turned on the vehicle and person toggle?

Sounds like you have added a cycle or return to a preset in the PTZ tab.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since you want tracking, I would turn SMD and MD off. I get darn near zero false alarms. I can't tell you the last time I got a false one with my PTZ.

Make sure you keep min size to 0,0 and I assume you turned on the vehicle and person toggle?

Sounds like you have added a cycle or return to a preset in the PTZ tab.
I will certainly do all of that. I may even calibrate in global tomorrow. Do you sell these things? I don’t mind buying from Andy but the support here is awesome.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I do not sell these things LOL. Just another happy member that has been buying from Andy for over 4 years. This site helped me tremendously, so I am just giving back.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been enjoying mine for a few days now. I simply made a zigzag tripwire and left everything default except unchecked vehicles, and it has been very good. I'm sure it needs some tweaking, but they have really improved the tracking on this SD5A425GA-HNR .

Daytime example:

Night example:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your sharing @Tinman that video is amazing!
Here has a good guide video to set up the Auto Tracking 3.0 cams on web5.0(new GUI), the zigzag tripwire is awesome!