SD4A25DB-HNY IVS Tripwire Question

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Wanted to seek some feedback relating to creation of a smartplan. I created a rule(intrusion) for a preset and I drew the box on the UI, but when I clicked on apply, I get a message to draw the graphics. There us a similar sort is issue with trying to draw lines for a tripwire rule. Will only allow me to draw 3 lines. And that functionality is much different than depicted in Andy's video on setting up auto-tracking. The camera is on the latest firmware(3-16-2023) and Im using the Firefox browser. As info, I have tried with Chrome, FF, Safari, Edge on both win10 and mac, but not success. Additionally, What is the deal with the plugin link that always appears at the bottom of the page? The link looks to be broken. TIA

1690392950562.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to use Internet Explorer (yeah we know LOL).

The plug-in link only works with Internet Explorer.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

"But I upgraded to Win11" .... yep still available:

Internet Explorer via W11

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Intrusion dont work this way. If you want something like that, turn on SMD 3.0

Otherwise use tripwires

P.s.
SmartPSS can draw without Internet explorer

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have no issue drawing intrusion or trip wires using Edge with NO plugin. Are you right clicking after you draw the last line? You must see "drawing completed" before you can apply. I added a little video clip to explain. Use the left click on your mouse to draw, then once you are done drawing right click and it will show "drawing is completed"

134.jpg 135.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no issue drawing intrusion or trip wires using Edge with NO plugin. Are you right clicking after you draw the last line? You must see "drawing completed" before you can apply. I added a little video clip to explain. Use the left click on your mouse to draw, then once you are done drawing right click and it will show "drawing is completed"

View attachment 168652 View attachment 168653
When I draw the intrusion lines, it will allow me to draw only 3 contiguous lines(left mouse button) then it basically stops allowing me to draw additional lines and it does not display the "drawing is completed" message.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
When I draw the intrusion lines, it will allow me to draw only 3 contiguous lines(left mouse button) then it basically stops allowing me to draw additional lines and it does not display the "drawing is completed" message.
Using Edge ? I am using Edge on W11, but would think W10 be same ??

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Have seen the same and others have reported here too for tripwires. Not a solution but as a workaround try drawing the first two lines to define the outside extents of the area. Then it will let you draw more than 3 lines within that area. e.g., Make a big "L" along the full left side of the window and along the full bottom of the window. Then you can zig-zag pretty much as you want within that. If you didn't want the full screen, just make the outside area smaller as works.

I've not had any problems drawing intrusion boxes myself or seen anyone else mentioning that.

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks all. I reluctantly went the IE route with the plug-in and it's working as intended now. Thanks to all for the feedback that you have provided.