SD49425XB-HNR going in the bin!

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm so over this camera. It's just useless in surban settings.
See video, 2 targets walking right through the middle of sight and it doesn't track. Had 2 blue squares following them but didn't track.
So sick of it working 1 min then prefect chance to track and i doesn't. Constant issues with this camera.
Overrated camera in my opinion.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, but this isn't the experience of others. This camera is a workhorse for many of us.

I have the 49425, 49225, and the mini-PTZ and all perform very well.

I am in a typical suburban setting - quarter acre lot with trees, parked cars, lamp posts, etc. and mine tracks 99% of the time. Several of my neighbors have bought one as well based on seeing the results of mine.

No autotracking PTZ is perfect and there will always be situations where it misses, along with some just try to use it in a wrong field of view.

But they are also not plug-n-play cameras either and takes awhile to dial in all the settings to get it to work properly.

It was months and months of tweaking before I got mine to perform at an acceptable level.

Every parameter makes a difference. Even things like track target size has an impact. Like literally a few digits one way or the other can be all the difference on if it tracks or not.

Feel free to send it to my mailbox bin :lmao:

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this same camera and I agree with wittaj. Mine tracks great. Matter of fact it tracks so well I'm thinking about disabling the tracking. I live on acreage and there's alot going on all the time with me mowing or working on other projects. The neighbor has horses, etc. The poor camera is always tracking something and I'm afraid it's going to get worn out.