SD49225XA-HNR rolling shutter above shutter speed 1/120

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got around to installing my SD49225XA-HNR about a month ago, after having purchased from Andy a couple months before that. I've been dialing it in for it's application, but I get a rolling shutter effect at any setting of 1/120 or above. The higher the shutter setting, the worse it gets.
I need to increase the shutter speed to eliminate motion blur of moving objects at night.
At night, I run B/W, no IR.
Settings are manual with customized range:
shutter is 0-8.33ms
gain is 0-70
iris 10-100
exposure comp is 50
ae recovery i turned off
2dnr is 45
3dnr is 45
firmware is 2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12, which is what the camera came with from Andy.
I've already tried reducing the gain until the picture becomes so dark it is unusable, not much room for adjustment from its current setting.
I've also tried reducing the noise reduction, but I don't seem to have much adjustment room from the 45 current setting before picture becomes very noisy.
Is the rolling shutter at higher speeds a result of my settings or an issue with this particular firmware?
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can try?
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not update the firmware or you will lose autotracking.

Post a video of what you are seeing. It is something with your settings.

Why not the IR? It sounds like you are trying to squeeze too much out of it without enough light.

Iris at 100 doesn't help.

Are there LEDs in the field of view - that can cause that rolling at time.

What about WDR or other backlight - do you have any of that on?

Keep in mind with an autotrack PTZ, you can get by with slower shutters.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wittaj, before I answer, can I send you a PM with some additional details that will affect my answers?
BTW, I don't know how to send a PM

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wittaj, before I answer, can I send you a PM with some additional details that will affect my answers?
BTW, I don't know how to send a PM
Sure thing. I will DM you now.