SD49225XA-HNR Dip Switches?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got the mount put up and the cable run.
Now before I mount the camera,do I need to do anything with the Dip switches I see mentioned on the Manual?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When setting up the Auto tracking, can I just move the Camera to a spot and mark the area to monitor then move to another area and do the same? I have to get the PTZ working first.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not quite, you need to set it up in the presets with IVS rules and tracking target size. But you can do all the moving around to spots within the preset tab. Set up all your presets, then go into IVS rule and set those up for each preset.

There is a temporary way you can turn to something and block what you want to track, but you have to first draw that block.

Last edited:

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see the controls for PTZ, but they don't work. I have checked a box that enables PTZ and Dahua was what I picked. Are there another setting I'm missing?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok,things are working in PTZ. Got to take a break and go some food. Just got to get the WD purple set up and configure Presets for the Auto Tracking.
I set the Camera to Onvif and it found the stream,but I don't think I saw a substream.

I did see the Dahua substream settings,do I need to use the substream from that?

I believe I was told to set the recording to continuous and then I would get marks for when movement was detected. Is this what will happen with Auto Tracking also?

As for the WD Purple setup and Presets I saw a video or test regarding the same. So hopefully things will be set up by tonight. I'll update my progress after I get back home.

Thanks for the help so far guys,much appreciated.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to the camera setting where the find/inspect is and about half-way down are the pull downs to select main and substream.

Yes, once BI accepts the ONVIF trigger, it will mark those spots on the timeline and in the alerts tab to the left.

These things do need dialing in. Not true plug and play, so do not be discouraged if it doesn't track all the way...trial and error and some guidance from us here can get you on track.

If you haven't put an SD card in the camera, I encourage you to do so, so that you can then playback from the SD card with the IVS rules on so you can see why it stopped tracking. You cannot do that with BI. You can watch the playback in BI, but then you have to guess at what the camera stopped autotracking for. Could be a mailbox, lamp post, shadow, etc., and knowing that can help tweak the system to not stop on those items during a track.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok,getting back to settings things up. I got the WD purple setup and now I need to set up Presets and Auto tracking.
There is a setup process on Amazon for the Camera,do I need to do that first? What would I then need to do in BI after that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen the Amazon setup process, I just jumped into it and started setting up LOL.

After you get all the presets configured, then simply add the camera into BI like you do your other cameras.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok,getting back to settings things up. I got the WD purple setup and now I need to set up Presets and Auto tracking.
There is a setup process on Amazon for the Camera,do I need to do that first? What would I then need to do in BI after that?
Study the built-in BI help file.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well,I got my presets set up for the 6 areas I want to monitor with Auto Tracking with Tripwire. Since I'm using continuos recording and Tripwire,do I need to still set up motion alerts for those areas I'm monitoring so I will get those alerts on the bar so I don't have to scrub through all the video?
Going to see how to start monitoring those areas tomorrow,got an early morning.

Last edited:

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got the presets fixed and if things are in the monitored areas,then I get a mark in the timeline to go to that event.
I still cant get the camera to scan the different presets and auto track if something is in that are being monitored.
I've read the manual,but guess I'm still missing a setting somewhere.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, if you set up to autoscan different presets and IVS is set up at that location, yes it can auto track.

I forget where that is at the moment, but it is a cycle.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, if you set up to autoscan different presets and IVS is set up at that location, yes it can auto track.

I forget where that is at the moment, but it is a cycle.
I'm going to go back and verify the settings later.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well,I'm using Auto Cycle Patrol in BI and it's moving to the presets and recording events in that area,but still no auto tracking. Going to mess with it again tomorrow.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you set up the presets in BI?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep,presets in the Camera GUI and BI.
I have all 5 presets using Deep IVS Tripwire in the camera options.