SD1A404XB-GNR Mini PTZ

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys...bought this mini ptz from Andy many sales ago and finally thinking of putting it up lol. Any setup tips would be appreciated from anyone using this cam, also I have been bench testing it and put it up outside on a pole to test the location etc and noticed that for some reason I cant use the PTZ controls in Blue Iris only in the Dahua admin program. Anyone know how I can get them workign in Blue Iris as well? Thanks in advance for any help......

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys...bought this mini ptz from Andy many sales ago and finally thinking of putting it up lol. Any setup tips would be appreciated from anyone using this cam, also I have been bench testing it and put it up outside on a pole to test the location etc and noticed that for some reason I cant use the PTZ controls in Blue Iris only in the Dahua admin program. Anyone know how I can get them workign in Blue Iris as well? Thanks in advance for any help......
Be sure you have used Find/Inspect in BI.
Then choose the Dahua New V4 in the dropdown instead of ONVIF on the PTZ setup page.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same camera. Decent PTZ for sub-$200. Needs lots of light at night for colour but does great face detection even at night if you can get the light to it. Microphone isn't great but I have other cams with better mics covering the same area.

Bought this mount but haven't installed the mount yet. It's a bit high (17 feet) up in a temporary location and the mount will allow me to mount it at least 6 feet lower.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same camera. Decent PTZ for sub-$200. Needs lots of light at night for colour but does great face detection even at night if you can get the light to it. Microphone isn't great but I have other cams with better mics covering the same area.

Bought this mount but haven't installed the mount yet. It's a bit high (17 feet) up in a temporary location and the mount will allow me to mount it at least 6 feet lower.
I'm replacing another cam mounted about 8ft high on the front of my house..I have LED floods on a daylight sensor so they stay on all night. Hoping it's enough light. I'm going to be using this mount...

Attachments