Scheduling continuous recording for XX minutes during sunrise/sunset hours

azsnapple

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a long time basic user of Blu Iris software and I love it. I was wondering if there is a way to schedule a continuous recording for XX minutes during sunrise/sunset hours for one of my cameras. Since these parameters change ~every 2 days by 1 minute it seems that by utilizing profiles I can only schedule approximate time frame for sunsets/sunrises (I did not attempt to do any kind of scheduling yet, but I found Youtube video from drbowtie which seems to explain "how to"). Maybe I am missing something and there is a way to have a schedule linked to some kind of sunset/sunrise calendar for our area? Thank you!
P.S. I have the latest version of Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..yes you can set any profile to be relative sunrise sunset...use google to find you gps coordinates..you have to enter your longitude and latitude so the program knows your sunrise sunset times..The help file has instructions on how to set it..let us know if you have any problems.

azsnapple

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..yes you can set any profile to be relative sunrise sunset...use google to find you gps coordinates..you have to enter your longitude and latitude so the program knows your sunrise sunset times..The help file has instructions on how to set it..let us know if you have any problems.
Thanks a lot! I got lost in a help file and somehow missed this option ;) Sounds great, I will try to implement it today.