Schedule not cooperating

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a BI user for about 2yrs in my home. Until now my cameras have just used a motion record at all times so no adjustments were necessary. I am now adding and relocating cameras which will require some cameras to have their own schedule. That isn't really the issue, but it is something to understand my situation.
I have been attempting to adjust schedules, which have worked somewhat. 2 cameras in particular are giving me a fit. I did make a schedule to not record motion from 540pm-10a M-F. Now i have adjusted the spots of the cameras and cannot adjust Sat-Sun. I would also like to make a global for the rest of the cameras, however i run into the same issue. Its as if there is some permission issue that doesn't allow for changes.

I am running 4.0.1.8, but ran into the same issues while running 3.xx.When 4 came I completely uninstalled/reinstalled.

If I need to provide more info let me know. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@railstop, Welcome to the forum! what do you mean by " i have adjusted the spots of the cameras and cannot adjust Sat-Sun. "

Last edited by a moderator:

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't explain better, what I mean is that I have moved the cameras, they now require a schedule of their own versus recording motion at all times.

BTW thanks for the welcome!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't explain better, what I mean is that I have moved the cameras, they now require a schedule of their own versus recording motion at all times.
ok, got the spots part..what is stopping you from adjusting the schedule?

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
When i attempt to drag the bar to the desired time, say on Saturday, I see the greyed out bubble at the top of the schedule move with the curser. when I release the time does not adjust.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that it will not draw the new profile color at all?

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct. I have also gone through to make sure that that this one particular camera is not using the global schedule.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are using the cameras schedule tab and overriding the global? is this happening for all the days of the week? or only sat sunday? are they bold black?

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I am overriding the schedule. For M-F it is working to a point. I was able to make a custom schedule to disable motion record at 540pm then reengage at 12a. Now if I try to adjust the time from 540 to 5p, it will do the same greyed out bubble thing. Sat and Sun were recording 24hrs on motion but need adjusting and will not allow it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its hard to understand what is happening...are the words saturday and sunday bold when you are trying to adjust them? when you click on the "days" box above the list of says, you select the days that you want to adjust...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, you dont need to override the global schedule to stop recording certain cams at specific times..
You just need two global profiles...then just set the one profile to be active at times you dont want recordings..then only in the cameras that you dont want to record, disable recording during that profile.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I really understand how its hard to get what is happening. Ive tried everything to get this working and I get the same results.

Yes, if i select Saturday by clicking on it, it is bold. I go to the far right of the bar 12am, click and and drag it to the left. This should also move the green bar as I move the mouse as well as make the bubble yellow. In my case, I get a greyed out line that moves but not the green bar.

I am overriding schedule. I only have 1 global schedule that applies to 3 other cameras

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
note to add, I was able to adjust the 540pm time for about a week to what I needed. It started at 5pm, now I cannot adjust it. I just left it at that time until I needed to change it later. That time is now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
note to add, I was able to adjust the 540pm time for about a week to what I needed. It started at 5pm, now I cannot adjust it. I just left it at that time until I needed to change it later. That time is now.
Not sure what you mean by move the green bar and make the bubble yellow...You need to select the proper profile to draw, if you have selected the inactive profile then it will draw a gray bar...
Post a screen shot of your schedule.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll post a screen record of what is happening in the morning. Thank you for helping out.