Schedule Feature and Adjusting Camera Contrast/Bightness

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So ok, i've owned Blue Iris for a while now and just now dabbling into the Scheduling features... (crazy right?)

But i had a Question for the community before i go all gungho on the settings.

Is it possible to use the Schedule Feature and with certain profiles adjust my brightness and contrast of a few cameras?

Reason: I have a camera that is be affected by the setting sun and wanted to reduce some heavy glare.

For example, from 3 pm to sunset set camera to profile 2 that would reduce the contrast by -3 and brightness by -5 then flip back to profile 1 at sunset with normal settings of profile 1.

(or if this works then adjust other profiles for nighttime)

etc..etc..

Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@James DiBernardo It depends on the camera. It should work on your foscams. If you can control the brightness or contrast manually via blue iris (by right clicking on the camera >ptz/control) then you can schedule it.
Go to camera properties> schedule > event schedule
You can set the changes to occur relative to sunrise and sunset independent of a profile.
You can still use the global schedule so you dont need to override it, the developer simply put the event schedule in the schedule tab.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@James DiBernardo It depends on the camera. It should work on your foscams. If you can control the brightness or contrast manually via blue iris (by right clicking on the camera >ptz/control) then you can schedule it.
Go to camera properties> schedule > event schedule
You can set the changes to occur relative to sunrise and sunset independent of a profile.
You can still use the global schedule so you dont need to override it, the developer simply put the event schedule in the schedule tab.
Niiiiiice...

This is Exactly what i was looking for.

Tweeking now, Thanks @fenderman

Last edited by a moderator:

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah when the sunsets (physically) and the IR's come on I'm going to adjust some Nightvision contrast and brightness too. Its amazing how powerful this software is.