Saving seperate cameras to seperate drive destinations ???

Tester

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

I am running Blue iris with 5 foscams. My default save location for the files is on my external drive E: and all is well.
What I have done is to create a new folder on E: drive for each camera (cam1) (cam2) (cam3) (cam4) (cam5) and send the video from the respective camera to the respective folder.
Any idea how I can get this to work? It seems whatever I try the output will only go to 1 single folder and save them all there, is there a way to split each save location of each camera?

Thanks for any help...

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HI,

I am running Blue iris with 5 foscams. My default save location for the files is on my external drive E: and all is well.
What I have done is to create a new folder on E: drive for each camera (cam1) (cam2) (cam3) (cam4) (cam5) and send the video from the respective camera to the respective folder.
Any idea how I can get this to work? It seems whatever I try the output will only go to 1 single folder and save them all there, is there a way to split each save location of each camera?

Thanks for any help...
Welcome to the forum...you can do it by setting up aux folders in the clips and archiving tab and pointing each camera to its respective folder. Why are you trying to do this?

Tester

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. The system is monitoring a pub and I am trying to do this to make it easier to find and retrieve certain clips quickly in case of trouble in the pub.
I have tried using the aux settings (aux1) (aux2) (aux3) etc but how do I assign the aux settings to certain folders? When I try to point the cameras at the respective folders all I get saved are 4 seconds of jpeg images and nothing else. - Very confusing???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. The system is monitoring a pub and I am trying to do this to make it easier to find and retrieve certain clips quickly in case of trouble in the pub.
I have tried using the aux settings (aux1) (aux2) (aux3) etc but how do I assign the aux settings to certain folders? When I try to point the cameras at the respective folders all I get saved are 4 seconds of jpeg images and nothing else. - Very confusing???
When you setup the aux folder you can point it to a destination. Then in the cameras record tab set it to the aux folder.
All this is beside the point. This is not needed at all. Blue iris has a clips viewer and timeline that is much more efficient than separate folders. You gain nothing and actually make things more complicated by setting up separate folders.