Saving events without recording?

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
It is possible to have enabled motion detction (human) without recording? If yes then how I can see in which hour event was detected? I just want to know the time when event was trigered without creating event record.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello
It is possible to have enabled motion detction (human) without recording? If yes then how I can see in which hour event was detected? I just want to know the time when event was trigered without creating event record.
Every movement, whether it is caused by people walking or a vehicle passing in front of the camera, is recorded as motion detection.

In particular, Dahu has technology SMD, SMD Plus, SMD 3.0... which separates the detection and passing of only people and vehicles, so it is easier for you to see the passing of only people or vehicles on the video, and not all the motion detections that have been recorded.

As for the question of only seeing human or vehicle detection, you can see it if you also have a Dahua NVR, and I'll post the picture where you can see it below.

I think it can also be viewed in the DSS program (I don't have DSS installed on the desktop, only on Android so I can't say 100%). :)

SMD.jpg

Last edited:

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have only IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-0280B with mircoSD card

The main problem for me is that General recording and Event recording casues playback problem. For example car detection. When I download recording from one hour then on this recording I can see some things two times. Car from general recording and car from Event recording. The effect is that I see two times one car or on person passing by on playback. This is problem If i Want to download longer recording. I don't know if this is bug or not. For this reason I disabled motion detecion. Did you faced similar issue?

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have only IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-0280B with mircoSD card

The main problem for me is that General recording and Event recording casues playback problem. For example car detection. When I download recording from one hour then on this recording I can see some things two times. Car from general recording and car from Event recording. The effect is that I see two times one car or on person passing by on playback. This is problem If i Want to download longer recording. I don't know if this is bug or not. For this reason I disabled motion detecion. Did you faced similar issue?
I didn't have such a problem, and one of the cameras I own is from the same WizSenze series model IPC-HFW3849T1-AS-PV, and everything works perfectly.

But I say again, everything is recorded on my NVR and I don't have an SD card inserted in the camera to try.

I assume that your problem is in the settings, so try to play with the settings in the camera, because motion detection has nothing to do with the medium on which the recordings are saved (is it the SD card or the HDD in the NVR), but the motion detection recording command exclusively gives the camera.

Do you also have these settings?

Schedule.jpg

Through which application do you watch recorded material from the SD card, SmartPSS, DSS or something else?

Last edited:

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see on your screenshot that you recording only Events and Alarams without General recording. This is my setting

I downloaded recording throught SmartPSS but I can see playback issues even on mobile DSS app. I think the problem is in my settings. If I change to record Events only then problem should disappear but camera won't record video without movement etc.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, my settings on all cameras are as shown in the screenshot I posted in the previous post.
But that's why I set the NVR to record continuously and for every motion detection to be seen and registered and marked in yellow on the recording.

NVR.jpg

SmartPSS.jpg

You probably need to adjust something else in the camera related to SD card recording...
Look here too, is everything like mine?

Destination.jpg

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you show me your Pre-event record setting? How many second you have set?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you checked the log of the cam? Mine create an entry there if they detect motion. They even name the zone.

Last edited:

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My log is very low detailed. I can see there only login and logout.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My log is very low detailed. I can see there only login and logout.
Will it document the changing of a setting? Mine does. (Edit: At least when I change to IR and back, that gets a log entry).

In particular, Dahu has technology SMD, SMD Plus, SMD 3.0... which separates the detection and passing of only people and vehicles, so it is easier for you to see the passing of only people or vehicles on the video, and not all the motion detections that have been recorded.
That is what I thought too. Yet I get a recording when some light is turned on but no human is visible. Human detection is enabled. Any idea why?
Edit: I am now confused myself. Several cameras have generated human detection today, recorded and entered them in the log. Some of these cameras have additionally recorded just a light going on somewhere in the night. They made a recording but did not create a log entry for that recording. I assume it was detected as motion, but maybe that is another unlogged category. I have seen log entries in which motion was mentioned, but this may have been on a camera without SMD.
So I start to wonder about what is logged by what cam under what circumstance.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have "general recording" I presume you mean BVR Background Video Recording. This will use a lot of space bceause it's redcording 24/7 in addition to any alerts. The reason why you see 2 recordings for every event is you are recording the event + BVR which doesn't stop. The answer is to turn BVR off and just record events. The danger is you may miss something if it's not detected or recorded as an event. I can't tell you how to turn off BVR in the camera or if it's even possibe because I'm on the new interface and a different camera. I suggest exploring the SD card / recording settings.