Save to Clipboard - then can't directly convert/export

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[BI Version 5.5.4.2]

What I want to do is from a saved clipboard clip convert/export the clip. When playing the clip in the viewer, on right-clicking, the option to convert/export is disabled. The options to set start and stop time are enabled but clicking them does nothing. The convert/export option is still disabled. I must go back to the original recording (all my recordings are in 1 hr files) navigate to the incident and go through the same process (set start/stop time) and instead of saving to clipboard, select convert/export. I might as well do this in the first place and forget about the whole clipboard thing altogether.

Is there a way to directly export a saved video clip?

TheQ2

n3wb
Reaction score
Has there been any answer to this question? I've saved several clips to the clipboard, and now I'd like to export them which does not seem possible. It looks like the only way is to go back to the original clips, re-set the start and end markers, then export from there.

Thanks.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is another thread where this is answered but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyway, top left of viewer, there is an icon, click that and that is the convert/export button for the entire clip.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The thread I can't find is this one, our current thread. You'll see that I ended with, "Thanks". It seems like the post that I was thanking has been deleted, but that post mentioned about the icon at the top left of the viewer window.

TheQ2

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it, thanks! Strange that the original answer was deleted.

Here's a screenshot of the button to convert/export. It must be a big that the option to export is disabled in the right-click menu, but the icon button works.
1645492586296.png