Save PTZ presets from Blue Iris?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just set the preset on the camera and call it from bluiris.. creating/changing presets is not something one does frequently.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just set the preset on the camera and call it from bluiris.. creating/changing presets is not something one does frequently.
Certainly that can be done but that requires access to the camera's own UI to save the presets, meaning I need to open the cameras to external access. Really trying to move away from opening up each individual camera to outside access to just have them be accessible from BI. I personally do change my presets quite often and was surprised, with all the great features that BI provides, that this one was overlooked (or abandoned because they thought no one would need it).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly that can be done but that requires access to the camera's own UI to save the presets, meaning I need to open the cameras to external access. Really trying to move away from opening up each individual camera to outside access to just have them be accessible from BI. I personally do change my presets quite often and was surprised, with all the great features that BI provides, that this one was overlooked (or abandoned because they thought no one would need it).
Why do you need to open the cameras to the net? Simply use the blue iris machine to log into the camera. Regardless, I believe you can press and hold the preset to save it, might not work with every camera. The feature was not overlooked.
See the help file. "To Set a preset position (if supported for your camera), hold-down the associated preset number button or the Go button until it pops back up."

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do you need to open the cameras to the net? Simply use the blue iris machine to log into the camera. Regardless, I believe you can press and hold the preset to save it, might not work with every camera. The feature was not overlooked.
See the help file. "To Set a preset position (if supported for your camera), hold-down the associated preset number button or the Go button until it pops back up."
The problem is I cannot RDP into my BI machine externally, and if I want to manage presets away from home, the only way I can get in is via the Android app or the web interface. Neither of which supports saving presets (there's no button to push, it's just a selection list of presets). Of course I can open up my BI machine for external RDP access but that isn't a good idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is I cannot RDP into my BI machine externally, and if I want to manage presets away from home, the only way I can get in is via the Android app or the web interface. Neither of which supports saving presets (there's no button to push, it's just a selection list of presets). Of course I can open up my BI machine for external RDP access but that isn't a good idea.
You can setup a vpn or use something like teamviewer.....something is wrong with your setup if you need to constantly adjust presets....likely the foscams drift too much.