save failed for IVS on a IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2-3.6mm

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed this camera about 6 months ago and configured it with no problems. I went in today to change some IVS settings and I keep getting a "save failed" error.

I also have a Dahua NVR, DHI-NVR608-32-4KS2, but I always program the cameras by directly accessing their IP address through a browser. I am able to make config changes to other camera settings but for some reason, I cannot make changes to IVS. Any helpful suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, I wouldn't resetting but I've make a lot of config changes and cannot export the config file. Export config settings don't seem to work.

I have not made any firmware updates
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.47.37 PM.png

Changes to IVS won't work

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.35.26 PM.png

Changes to other settings work
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 2.03.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.40.04 PM.png

Attachments

Last edited:

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good question, yes I am using Explorer 11.0.38.

What is quite strange is that it is only affecting IVS settings. I can make changes to other setting and it will save. I've tried turning on/off and changing SMART PLAN from IVS to People Detection and Face Counting. When I do this, I can make and save changes to People Detection and Face Counting settings.

When I turn it back to IVS, it won't let me save and I get the "save failed" error.

What would only affect IVS and prevent saving changes?

teejnut

n3wb
Reaction score
This happened to me twice after I power cycled the switch the camera was connected to. Had to set it to factory default but that fixed it.