Save 20GB of Images or Alerts ???

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We recently had an incident. It was 3 weeks ago. Our stored BI files only go back 2 weeks with the current 2TB Purple drive. So we have nothing.

Is there a way to save (for example 90 days of images or Alert images) then clear those out automatically and start over again? I have read the manual a few times but I am not seeing that option. And I can't see the setting in the UI.

We'd like to have at least 90 days of image captures of alerts or still images of motion events. Even it takes 20gb of space.

We have a cap on our internet so I'd rather do this locally than to google drive for example.

Thank you!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So you just want a still image when the camera is triggered from motion? In Settings -> Clips and Archiving you can set one of the Aux folders to store your snapshots and set the retention to 90 days. Point that to a location (drive, folder, etc...) that will be large enough to store 90 days worth of images. How large that needs to be is dependent on how many snapshots are being created and how many cameras you are using it for. Then in the cameras you want to generate a snapshot Camera Settings -> Record and JPEG Snapshot Each and then check "Only when triggered". You then need to point the snapshot folder to the same folder you selected earlier.

All you snapshots will now save to that specified folder every time the camera is triggered and be stored for at least 90 days assuming there is enough room on that location.