Samsung Wisenet SNP-5430HP

newbe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to replace my current auto tracking ptz as the tracking no longer works, I've come across some of these Samsung Wisenet SNP-5430HP new and boxed and wondered if anyone had any experience of them.
I understand they are a discontinued product so the technology is not going to be cutting edge and they are only 720p 1.3 mp resolution but I think I can live with that, as I've set my current 2mp to 720p and it still seemed
to be pretty good.

I've put a link to the full spec sheet below, but being a novice, a lot, if not most of it is above my head.

I live at the end of a quiet dead end road, so only one way in and one way out, hence I just need 1 auto tracking ptz to do the job, the street light's do go out between 12am and 5am so very dark, and I can't see in the spec
sheet any ir distance number, but to someone with experience it may be in there somewhere but in a different format, I need about 75 meters, I'm hoping that as read in this forum, that only being 1.3 mp, less pixels means less light needed for a good nightime image.

Any assistance to the pro's and con's of this ptz in my senario would be greatly appreciated.