Samsung SNH-E6411BN and Tinycam?

lowrider

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought this IP Cam but I have to say even though image quality is good, it lacks some features that I was hoping it would have (that will teach me not to buy next time if I don't read reviews thoroughly!)

Firstly, it has no Cloud recording. It can capture video and store in an SD Card..but that kinda sucks, what if the perpetrator takes the camera with them...what's the point of having one in the first place

Secondly while it does send alerts on email, it does not send snapshot pictures in those emails as well as other models do. So if you get a motion alarm email, you actually have to log in the camera to see what is happening

The smartcam camera is not that great either.

Therefore I was thinking if you guys know of a way to set up the samsung SNH-e6411BN with Tinycam Pro. I think using that application solves those problems (provided you keep the application always on, but that's better than nothing I guess)..

Additionally, I know that the bigger sibling samsung SNH-P6410 HD Pro does send snapshots using Picasa on email alerts. Is there any way to migrate this functionality to the smaller model?

Thanks in advance for your help

Reaction score
I use a software program called Blue Iris. It is packed with tons of features and will record on motion, schedule or always record. Simply open the port for blue iris on your router and you are set.