Safari Plug-In Failure when IVS Smart Plan Activated

Nick T

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed today that when I activate Smart Plan -> IVS, the "Live View" tab will report a plug-in failure within seconds. Everything still works fine in terms of my NAS's ability to record the camera, but very annoyingly I cannot access any live view anymore (e.g., to set IVS rules). I have downloaded the most up-to-date plug-in from Dahua and I'm running the current version of Safari in Mac OS X Sierra. Anyone else seen this error? Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 2.38.16 PM.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah plugin crashes trying to draw object boxes, I just change to setup tab before live tab can load and the plugin dont crash.. use SmartPSS if you want to monitor it live.

Nick T

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah plugin crashes trying to draw object boxes, I just change to setup tab before live tab can load and the plugin dont crash.. use SmartPSS if you want to monitor it live.
I am playing around with SmartPSS, but I can't figure out how to actually add the tripwires and such. There does not seem to be a Live View within the "Event Config" tab. Would sure be nice if the GUI for SmartPSS matched the web version. When I look under "Device Config" and in the "Events" sub-section, there is nothing about IVS. Annoying.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SmartPSS for mac wont let you setup IVS, still gotta do that through browser.

Nick T

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SmartPSS for mac wont let you setup IVS, still gotta do that through browser.
Haha, the one thing I can't do through the browser easily ... Has anyone emailed Dahua tech support re the plug-in issue?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, the one thing I can't do through the browser easily ... Has anyone emailed Dahua tech support re the plug-in issue?
try pale moon, it may behave better or it might not.

Don't expect a lot of support trying to contact dahua directly.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any new developments? I'm getting this error in Safari.
use palemoon. Most browsers have disabled plugins for security reasons. there's lots of discussion about this do a little searching.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use Palemoon otherwise try resetting Safari completely, reinstalling the plugin and try again.

Failing that, use your trusty Windows VM...