Rumbled down the street

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I was working out in the front yard this afternoon and got to see this up a little closer than the cameras caught it. Gorgeous car and the deep throated rumble with it going around 25MPH says it's got some very serious horsepower under that hood. Both cameras are 5442T-ZEs and the captures are at ~100 to ~120 feet.

chopped and channeled 1.JPG

chopped and channeled 2.JPG

Here's the two clips for those that may be interested -

Attachments

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You know that bothers me too. I'll have to double check the audio settings on those two. I did run a "find/inspect" on both of them a few weeks ago so maybe something changed with that.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A follow-up on the sound issue. I know I shut off noise cancellation in the cameras as a matter of routine, but I either forgot to with those two cameras or they changed the setting, somehow, on their own. I reset the East camera to no cancellation, saved, exited and tested to make sure. Then I did the West camera.

When I hit save on the West camera it came back with "save successful" then totally died. Tried a restart and that didn't work. Tried a ping and nothing on the address I assigned or on 192.168.1.108. The data light on the switch was flashing but not like it was sending data. Pulled the RJ out of the switch and tried to get it to reboot. No dice. I finally had to break out a ladder and go outside to use the reset button under the SD card cover. That got it rebooted. I was able to reconfigure it completely with no problems other than needing to go out and re-align the FOV, had to rotate the eyeball to get to the SD slot cover. What a PITA! First time anything like that has happened to me.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, nothing at all. They are, at best, 50 feet in a direct line in from the street. With the angles involved, West is at a 45 degree angle to the street and the East is about a 60 degree angle. Between the acoustic losses involved and noise cancellation they are deaf. Without noise cancellation they are fine.