RTSP "Doorbell" camera with no doorbell (or doorbell wiring)?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The front door of my office building looks like this:

1673479190232.png

There is no residential doorbell wiring in that door frame, but there is 12V for the security entry keypad, and I have a string of Cat5e in the ceiling that I can run down into the door frame for POE.

Recommendations for a camera? I'd definitely prefer POE over WiFi, and it has to have the classic "doorbell camera" form factor to fit onto that metal strip (just a hair under 2" wide). I don't need any doorbell functionality, because the keypad has a doorbell in it already. That doorbell runs off of 12V DC, same as the keypad.

Reolink, of all people, has a POE Doorbell camera that advertises both 802.3af and RTSP/ONVIF in the specs. I almost don't believe it! And it's $90:

1673481213502.png

Dahua have this VTO2101E-P-S1 Villa Station, but it appears to be rare and expensive in the U.S. This Singapore-based retailer offers it for $110, but their online specs don't include either "802.3af" or "POE", although the model number matches exactly.

Aliexpress have the -S2 version for $155, but Dahua has no such model on their site, which is suspicious.

Hik has a competing "Villa Station," the DS-KV6113-WPE1, but it's not available at most U.S. retailers.

Did I miss any models worth considering?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I just now saw the thread on the Reolink POE Doorbell Cam.

Should I pollute that thread with a comparison discussion? Or should this remain a different thread?
It is your call but a good comparison Thread is nice to have. Thinking, most on the other Thread is focused on the new Reolink Doorbells...

FYI, Reolink is coming out with a Battery version of their Doorbell second half of this year...they announced at CES...

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And should this thread be in IP Cameras or Hardware? It's sorta both, and the Reolink thread is in Hardware.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for info, my hikvision ds-kd8003 runs on 802.3af , i only use 2 pairs of wire for the POE, and its stable
the other 2 pairs i use for the door locks