RTMP Firmware - AcuSense & ColorVu Limited Support

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hikvision most recently provided firmware that updates the hardware to support RTMP. As of this writing there isn't an official release of this firmware or what hardware it covers. All I know is it covers the AcuSense & ColorVu G2 models. I've been told there is also a G1 version of this firmware but haven't seen it listed yet. I have quite a few of the (4MP) DS-2CD2347G1-LU Turrets and would love to update all of them to support RTMP for live streaming when needed.

That is one thing I'll give Dahua as the vast majority of their hardware incorporates (RTMP) and what I consider a basic feature! :facepalm: Having native RTMP support avoids having to prop up a OBS server to offer the same! Which reduces extra hardware, energy consumption, and technical complexity for the Average Joe! :thumb:

If there are members here that have AcuSense & ColorVu G2 camera's let us know how you get on with this RTMP release.

NOTE: I have not tested this firmware on any security camera as I don't have G2 hardware on hand. Using this firmware is at your own risk and can brick your system if installed on a unsupported hardware platform. If there is any doubt regarding this firmware just don't do it. As upgrading firmware should only be done to correct bugs, security issues, or offer new features!

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tested it and it works. BUT in order to stream on youtube you need to have audio in stream. Thats just youtube

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Tested it and it works. BUT in order to stream on youtube you need to have audio in stream. Thats just youtube
More specifically can you list out what model this firmware was installed on. I’m hoping this will become the unofficial thread to track this release.

Sending in a formal request of what hardware this firmware covers through Hikvision.

Resulted in nothing but circle talk from their support!

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More specifically can you list out what model this firmware was installed on. I’m hoping this will become the unofficial thread to track this release.

Sending in a formal request of what hardware this firmware covers through Hikvision.

Resulted in nothing but circle talk from their support!
Multiple cameras in serie of DS-2CD2XX6G2

r160dB

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone who has the RTMP firmware installed help me look at the HTML code?

You would need do these steps:
  1. Login to the camera's web interface using Chrome
  2. Click on the Configuration in the top menu
  3. Click on the Advanced Settings on the left pane
  4. Press Ctrl+Shift+I or right-click on the web page and select Inspect
  5. Click on the select element tool (indicated with a red number 1 in the screen shot)
  6. Click on the RTMP menu
  7. Take a screen shot of this, showing the RTMP code.
In my screenshot I am showing the Platform Access menu. I need you to send me a screenshot of the RTMP menu.

Attachments

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anybody know how long can stream last? My ended in about 9 hours and i had to restart camera to run it again. Any ideas?

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reboot camera yes.
On Youtube stream i can see "stream status excellent", RTMP doesn's show any problems but no stream from camera.
As soon as I reboot camera, without touching Youtube, stream starts.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IPC seems well but no video on youtube side, but at the same the Youtube seems ok.

1630477110387.png

Sry for language, it's in my native language (Croatian). You can see that connection is excellent, stream is great but nothing from the camera.

G2 version, don't know about FW. It's at customer's site, didn't remember it. Will check it

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then it stop again, before reboot uncheck rtmp & save, check rtmp & save
Check firmware version.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then it stop again, before reboot uncheck rtmp & save, check rtmp & save
Check firmware version.
Checked everything. FW is latest (got it from HIK support).

My point is that i don't want to check or uncheck anything. I can't tell user to login into camera and check/uncheck rtmp.

Hik support can't tell me is there some problem with camera or does somebody else have similiar problems.

r160dB

n3wb
Reaction score
Checked everything. FW is latest (got it from HIK support).

My point is that i don't want to check or uncheck anything. I can't tell user to login into camera and check/uncheck rtmp.

Hik support can't tell me is there some problem with camera or does somebody else have similiar problems.
KamirZG, did you reset the camera to defaults after you updated to the RTMP firmware? I saw on the DVS video (post #2 above at 9:48 into the video) that you are suppose to reset after updating with the RTMP firmware. Don't know if your issue would be related to that, but it's something you could try.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes i did, without factory you can't enbale RTMP or corretly enter codes. But thanks for effort