Rotation on DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-0280B keeps resetting after a couple of weeks

drekka

n3wb
Reaction score
Bit weird this. I have several of these cameras around the house and with 2 of them I've set the video to rotated as they cover walkways. The cameras are working fine and my NVR is receiving the video correctly. ie Conditions - Flip: 90°. I've saved the setting, rebooted the cameras and all appears good.

Then a week or two later I'll log in to look at something and find both cameras have reset their Flip settings back to zero.

This has happened numerous times.

Anyone got any idea why the cameras appear to be resetting this value?

As far as I can tell all the other settings are not effected. I.e The cameras video mode, watermarks, etc. Just if I set the rotation.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you making the changes in the camera GUI or the NVR? If in the NVR, then during a reboot or something else the NVR is pulling what the camera is feeding the NVR.

drekka

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm changing the rotation in the cameras themselves. In the Camera - Conditions - Picture settings screen at the bottom of the list is Mirror and Flip. I'm setting Flip to 90°. The NVR is set to just accept whatever the cameras give it.

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
I have the same issue, but on a DAHUA 5431E cam. Setting the flip to 270° for both night & day & normal profiles.
Setting profiles changing to Auto (because I had a CGI script before, and did not want it to mess with the flip).

Camera info & FW as below (never updated it

Code:
System Version2.460.0000.15.R, Build Date: 2017-09-07
WEB Version3.2.1.492613
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.3.1.458331)
Will try disabling day/night auto switch and see what happens.
I have set a weekly auto reboot on saturdays. Will see also how it impacts.
Will also check the CGI command to set the flip, this would be the best way to fix this probably :)

drekka

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so been messing around a bit and I now think this is a case of the DVR (Synology NAS) resetting the cameras when it reboots. As this doesn't happen that often (usually a software update of some sort) it would explain why the cameras are fine for some time then reset. Will take this up with Synology to understand what is going on.