Rolling "No Signal" issue

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have blue iris and I have 9 cameras. I have this issue where every several minutes a random camera will go into a "no signal" state for a few seconds then pop back. This is seemingly random and doesn't occur in any one specific camera.

3 of my cameras are wired, and 6 are wireless, the issue happens to both the wired and the wireless cameras all the same.

My CPU usage hovers are 50%, I have plenty of hard drive space, my ram utilization is low, and my cameras are right next to my router.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I see a lot of "No Signal posts on here, but none are specifically my symptoms which is odd.

Thanks!

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I have blue iris and I have 9 cameras. I have this issue where every several minutes a random camera will go into a "no signal" state for a few seconds then pop back. This is seemingly random and doesn't occur in any one specific camera.

3 of my cameras are wired, and 6 are wireless, the issue happens to both the wired and the wireless cameras all the same.

My CPU usage hovers are 50%, I have plenty of hard drive space, my ram utilization is low, and my cameras are right next to my router.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I see a lot of "No Signal posts on here, but none are specifically my symptoms which is odd.

Thanks!
Sounds like network congestion. Is the camera network on a different ethernet interface?
what is the ping from the BI computer to the cams?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is the same network, all running off Asus RC88U's

How do I see the ping from BI to the cams?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wifi cameras are not reliable, and can negatively affect your entire network.
Be certain you have performed all of the tuning tips in the Wiki, including the exclude' BI from any antivirus, that includes Windows Defender as per the BI help file.

You can't see the "ping" from BI, but you can see the pings with standard ping commands from the BI computer.