Robins Love My Dome Camera

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had these cameras up for several months now; I guess now that winter is over, the birds are more active and really have taken a shine to this particular dome camera--4th time this week.

bird.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.
is there a perch for them to sit on? they have anti-pirch devices that keep em from landing.
maybe its reflecting sun.. birds like shinny objects.

Last edited by a moderator:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's no perch near the camera (not a downspout or anything), otherwise I'm sure they'd stick around if they could :)
Their process seems to be 1) perch on the deck 2) poo 3) hey, shiny object! 4) investigate 5) fly away
Exposure is set to 1/250 and the wings are still blurry but I don't really have an interest in changing the exposure to accommodate.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a male (I think) robin last year in the spring continually flying into my windows - like multiple times an hour. I think he saw his reflection and thought it was another male out to steal his females or something.

In the end I found him (dead) on one of my lower roofs.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
This spring we have had a Robins hitting our windows. I read that, as Hoog23 says, protecting their territory. Only way to combat it is to make it not reflect, or when it starts, put the cat out front.