Rj45 feed through cable gland?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? Will they work on the female connector of the camera?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Most of the IP cameras that I have seen have multiple connectors. Thus, I use a junction box

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
heat shrink tube.. my dahuas come with a built in connection cover, and I just add a bit of heat shrink for extra protection.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you use a nice thick ethernet cable with an isolation separator down the middle, its pretty much waterproof.. not enough gap anywhere to let water in, but it could be forced in with pressure (ie submerged), hence why I add a bit of shrink tape for protection.. I pulled the cover back on my cable, crimped the end, put a few wraps of electrical tape around the crimp to the ethernet wire then pulled the cover up snug over the tape and connector, that sealed off around the cable and cover from the inside.. then the shrink tape was used to keep the twist connection sealed tight and looking nice.

you can see the built in twist cover in this image:

Last edited by a moderator:

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the cover for the male end come with the camera? I'm a complete noob to this. But I can say looking at the I don't think the glands will work

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, you can see it clearly in the plastic bag along with some drywall anchors. What kind of camera are you looking at? not all are made like this.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thought that might be what that was. Thanks man. Looking forward to my stuff coming in on the slow boat from china

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That looks like a 4300s ? I can confirm my 4300s and 4300c all came with same connector hardware as you have shown above.