Review: IPC-LPR237B-IR / Equivalent of Dahua ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B - ANPR, Traffic & Access Control Camera

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine from BH in early may, Andy was not selling them yet

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do notice this camera is always lagging in blue iris. It gets behind other 3 cameras by 20-25 seconds and then instantly catches up.
It is messing up detection and events marked on time line usually 15-20 seconds after the event had happened.
Maybe good idea to nuke it from BI and add again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do notice this camera is always lagging in blue iris. It gets behind other 3 cameras by 20-25 seconds and then instantly catches up.
It is messing up detection and events marked on time line usually 15-20 seconds after the event had happened.
Maybe good idea to nuke it from BI and add again.
Try then and then up the buffer in the BI setting for that camera. Default is 6, make it 20 and see if that improves it.

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try then and then up the buffer in the BI setting for that camera. Default is 6, make it 20 and see if that improves it.
Helped a bit, but still lags behind.
Perhaps need to upgrade my BI machine. From my understanding Intel HW acceleration not working if motherboard does not support video out.
And NVidia hw acceleration not as good for BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HW acceleration wouldn't be the issue and isn't really needed now with the substreams option. Recent updates has been problematic for some, so many are not running HW acceleration at all.

With that said, have you done EVERY optimization in the wiki?

Pavman

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the correct web browser to use for access to the GUI? For me, Chrome requires an extension which loads the camera login page but will not accept a Username/password, it just clears the fields. I tried Microsoft Edge and it uses the same Chrome extension. IE has it’s own plugin which does work to access the camera; however the video feed is black…

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks great. Would like to see it with a fast moving target but I guess the issue with that is getting your local idiot to drive by at speed both day and night.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the correct web browser to use for access to the GUI? For me, Chrome requires an extension which loads the camera login page but will not accept a Username/password, it just clears the fields. I tried Microsoft Edge and it uses the same Chrome extension. IE has it’s own plugin which does work to access the camera; however the video feed is black…
The only browser that I have found that displays the various windows correctly for this camera is Chrome using the IE extension.

Pavman

n3wb
Reaction score
The only browser that I have found that displays the various windows correctly for this camera is Chrome using the IE extension.
Thanks, I have tried the extension in Chrome, however, it will not let me past the login screen for the camera, it just refreshes back to the login page with the fields cleared. I am very surprised to be having such a hard time getting this camera to work. The only video feed I can get to work is the live view from the ipconfig tool.. problem is that you cannot use it to configure the camera.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried the extension in Chrome, however, it will not let me past the login screen for the camera, it just refreshes back to the login page with the fields cleared. I am very surprised to be having such a hard time getting this camera to work. The only video feed I can get to work is the live view from the ipconfig tool.. problem is that you cannot use it to configure the camera.
Were you able to get the camera working? When you use IE, are all screens black, even when you are in LPR config mode? If you are able to check the video settings, check to make sure that its encoding is "CBR" not "VBR". Mine was set to VBR and the camera wouldn't display the stream after a restart until I changed it back to CBR.

Pavman

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you able to get the camera working? When you use IE, are all screens black, even when you are in LPR config mode? If you are able to check the video settings, check to make sure that its encoding is "CBR" not "VBR". Mine was set to VBR and the camera wouldn't display the stream after a restart until I changed it back to CBR.
No I did not, the video stream is black in IE and the Chrome plug in just stays on the login screen on the camera's GUI. I tried resetting the camera back to factory defaults, I then set it to CBR and still no glory, so then I tried installing the chrome plug-in on a brand new Windows 11 machine and the same thing happens... stuck on the camera login GUI... I then added the camera to my Blue Iris and the stream is working; however, without the ability to set and use the ANPR piece, this is a no go... My new Win 11 system does not have IE and I don't think it will even support it, so I am at a loss of what to do next...

mrcleanstl

n3wb
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1
I read through this post but was unable to find information on your test capture distance, elevation, and FOV? I'm looking at this camera for LPR duty at the entrance to a gated storage facility. My concern is the elevation and viewing angle at (A) 110ft, 14ft, and 45 deg. I can move the camera closer (B) approx 90ft to target, but the angle increases to nearly
60 deg. The lot owner is not up for trenching from the building under the entrance / post work. Thoughts / Suggestions?

2022-02-04_20-54-21.jpg

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1
I read through this post but was unable to find information on your test capture distance, elevation, and FOV? I'm looking at this camera for LPR duty at the entrance to a gated storage facility. My concern is the elevation and viewing angle at (A) 110ft, 14ft, and 45 deg. I can move the camera closer (B) approx 90ft to target, but the angle increases to nearly
60 deg. The lot owner is not up for trenching from the building under the entrance / post work. Thoughts / Suggestions?

View attachment 117803
I'm running this camera with a capture point of 87 feet and about a 30 degree angle and while I get decent captures, I'm maxed out at the zoom the pixel per plate are less than recommended. At 110 feet I don't believe there would be enough zoom and that angle would be too extreme.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1

View attachment 117803
You should be ok, YES there is absolutely a recommendation I would always put in place when installing these for a project or installation where ANPR was a critical need BUT in your case here AND with this camera being very flexible (as I mentioned in my review) you should still get decent caps even in sub-optimal angle, distance etc. One benefit you have and something I advocate for in any LPR (and specifically ANPR) install is a choke point and you have that as you have an entrance that either has an access point (i.e. closed gate) OR that it funnels vehicles down to a narrow point of entry and reduced speed. The key in your install will be height and lighting at that choke point. You can certainly make 14ft work BUT I would go a little lower if possible. Lighting will be key so hopefully you have a relatively well lit area around the choke point. One last thing to remember is time within FOV. The more frames you (for LPR and the camera for ANPR) has to work with, the chances are that you improve the end results, a good, evidential ready plate capture.

HTH, let me know with any other questions

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 , @Billyjack5 do you guys have country selection on LPR setup page? I got one from Andy, but only option is undefined
:(
1644967869343.png
System Version2.625.10BE000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-19
Software Version2.625.10BE000.0.R, build : 2021-07-19

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL don't know yet just got new cam from Andy yesterday. My old cam still on old firmware :( Well at least now i can compare both