Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I trigger a factory reset for both unit and now they are linked !
I can monitor the VTO from the VTH or call the VTO from the VTH (number 8001).

However I still cannot call the VTH from the VTO:
"The number you dialed does not exist"

Both configuration have however 9901#0 as room number. Strange. I'll keep trying.

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting; When I call the VTO from the VTH, I can see in the log of the VTO, that 9901 was calling.
But if I go to the status of the VTO "Household settings", I can see that 9901#0 is online but 9901 is offline.
What a mess...

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And it works.
I chose 9901 everywhere (on VTO and VTH) AND I chose 9901 on the VTO facade layout (didn't know that you could choose something there).
Finally... It was a challenge !

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to confirm, could you use the VTO to see the stream of other IPcam in your network ?

Reaction score
The instruction manual + actual use are poorly documented. I believe this initially was to be used in a "villa" type atmosphere.
Or maybe I'm wrong. If the VTO buzzes 9901, all 9901#1 VTH, 9901#2 VTH, 9901#3 VTH (which is what I am shooting for....2 for upstairs and 1 for garage workshop) will ring. If I were renting out one of my bedrooms or BNB, that area would be 9902#1 VTH. Kinda like different subnets, I guess.
Or maybe I'm wrong, again :) I know it boils down to a simple SIP server on the VTO and having the VTH as clients but with the added benefit of video calls, doorbell actuation's, mobile app, Blue Iris integration, and home automation integration.

Last edited:

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone done any home automation with this Doorbell yet? Seen the hass.io plugin . But I'm running HomeSeer. Wondering if we could port the code into Homeseer?

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HomeSeer appears to have an MQTT plug-in so you may be successful running RioGrandes PHP code and connecting to it from HomeSeer.

That video you linked to says the HomeAssistant plug-in author quit maintaining the code. Hmmm. Makes me think it's not too much fun being a plug-in developer :)

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Two questions: a) is it worth upgrading to this doorbell from VTO2000A? (I have it flushmount) I have the VT20000A running a SIP fw. What are the differences between the two units?
b) is there a software VTH option to actually repace the VTH unit? (not cloud based gdmss)

Last edited:

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have a specific app in mind? I ask because I tried working through something similar here almost two years ago. The problem of cross vendor video streaming was a giant time sink. I may try again but this time set my expectation to two way audio through my VoIP provider.

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have a specific app in mind? I ask because I tried working through something similar here almost two years ago. The problem of cross vendor video streaming was a giant time sink. I may try again but this time set my expectation to two way audio through my VoIP provider.
I do not have a specific app in mind. Two-way audio I already have through my trixbox server :)

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There were a couple of technology groups looking into rendering multimedia SIP in a browser last I looked. Tryit JsSip was the one I remember. Maybe they've made progress in packaging their technology into something more accessible.

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the homeseer users I got it reporting via docker container and Homeseer MQTT plugin.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
My wall-mounted IPADs for instance. It would be weird to wall-mount additional screens to deal exclusively with the doorbell.
I find the VTH quite useful: if the cleaning lady is here, and DHL/TNT does a delivery, how could she be warned if some-one rings at the door? I'm not giving access to my doorbell on her cellphone! And me having to phone her that someone is ringing at the door, is no-go in 2020 :)
Plus, I use the VTH also as a dashboard for the NVR: you do know you can add Dahua (and ONVIF) camera's too on the screen, right?

marvine

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone got the firmware for the DHI-VTO2202F-P.
At some reason i cant add it to synology survelilance (think has something to do with Onvif password not same as system credentials

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems viewing other cameras on the VTH? I added them all and only one of them works. The one that works happens to be a SD49225T-HN and all of the ones that do not work are IPC-HDW5231R-Z with the exact same sub-stream settings. I also tried H.265 with no luck. Any ideas?

substream.png