Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the confirmation. I imagine the configuration through the NVR for that specific camera is pretty straight forward then? I mean obviously the auto-config isn't going to work. Anyway, I'm sure I can figure out, I'm just asking while I wait to get it. :)
You have to set it up as ONVIF camera in the Hik NVR and use port 80 to access it. Then it's straight forward from there.

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perfect! So will use this wall bracket in the future if the PFB300S still the same, in order to thanks for your trying, will offer you 1 free dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z as a gift, please share me your address with private conversation.
I just booked 10pcs PFB303W. So can use for replacing.
Nice to be here, always helpful.
Andy
I just received a SD5923OU-HNI (and some other cameras) from Andy. It was a great experience! The cameras arrived fast and safe as promised.

Aside from playing with this beast in my basement, I have to mount it. Mine shipped with the PFB300S, which seems to be square now. That said, I agree with the sentiments of this thread, the 303S pales compared to the 303W.

Looks like an additional order will be needed as I intend to mount this camera on the corner of the house, where brick meets vinyl siding. Since the camera isn't exactly stealthy, it needs to be a clean install to appease the wife. :)

I want to think on it more, but considering the use of the following:
PFA151 Corner mount
PFB303W Bracket
Junction Box

Hoping the box can fit on the back side of the corner mount, with the 303W bracket attached to the front.

Once the installation is eventually done, I hope to configure the cam to monitor my 150' driveway, and auto-track when something enters the driveway. I will plug the camera into my Hikvision NVR, but for now I'm using Internet Explorer to provision the camera (direct on my LAN). Other than IE, I was not able to get plugins working properly with Firefox or Chrome. (Eg.was unable to draw the IVS rule) .

Anyway, I might end up reaching out to the community for some configuration help once I spend a few hours trying things on my own first. :)

Thanks to everyone in this, and other threads for your contributions. You've all made my choices much easier given the huge sea of camera gear out there. I'll share my experience as I eventually progress.

Edit: fixed typo

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, I can manually pan tilt and zoom my sd59225u-hni but I somehow lost autotracking ability. I have not done anything to setup of the camera or software update, I just notice one day that it does not track anything anymore. Any guess how can I fix that?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Guys, I can manually pan tilt and zoom my sd59225u-hni but I somehow lost autotracking ability. I have not done anything to setup of the camera or software update, I just notice one day that it does not track anything anymore. Any guess how can I fix that?
Do you have a preset, then a plan setup? Are you using IVS. Intrusion boxes and or tripwires?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine used to do that if I set up schedules for presets, intrusion zones and/or tripwires. My schedules were set up to account for shadows, etc. I set them on the IVS tab for each zone I wanted to modify at a certain time. It'd work for a while, but eventually it'd stop autotracking. I could tell something was wrong because it would try to autotrack by moving just a fraction, then it would quickly revert back to the preset. At first I'd delete all my presets/boxes/wires, etc., and rebuild them all (didn't trust restoring a backup config file). It would work again for a while, but then stop again. This happened with two different firmware versions and eventually I got tired of rebuilding, so I just set up a few presets, with only one of them having 24 hour zones for intrusion/tripwire (No more schedules). I don't use motion detection in conjunction with IVS, but you can't uncheck motion detection and have it stick...but you can delete the area within motion detection. PS I have the SD59230U-HNI and I'm on this firmware: SD59230U-HNI | Dahua Technology

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice work man!
Is anyone else getting
Finally started the install for the pole barn last night. 6 hours of pulling cable, cutting fascia, lag bolting, waterproofing, terminating and then administering. Nothing I'd rather be doing though...

Here are a couple install pics. Finish up tonight installing the 5231 dome inside, and the PIR's on the outside.

SD

View attachment 17024 View attachment 17025 View attachment 17026 View attachment 17027 View attachment 17028
Im using the same mic.. i cant get rid of the hum.. audio is great but always a humming .. any suggestions?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just received a SD5923OU-HNI (and some other cameras) from Andy. It was a great experience! The cameras arrived fast and safe as promised.

Aside from playing with this beast in my basement, I have to mount it. Mine shipped with the PFB300S, which seems to be square now. That said, I agree with the sentiments of this thread, the 303S pales compared to the 303W.

Looks like an additional order will be needed as I intend to mount this camera on the corner of the house, where brick meets vinyl siding. Since the camera isn't exactly stealthy, it needs to be a clean install to appease the wife. :)

PFA151 Corner mount
PFB303W Bracket
Junction Box

Hoping the box can fit on the back side of the corner mount, with the 303W bracket attached to the front.

Once the installation is eventually done, I hope to configure the cam to monitor my 150' driveway, and auto-track when something enters the driveway. I will plug the camera into my Hikvision NVR, but for now I'm using Internet Explorer to provision the camera (direct on my LAN). Other than IE, I was not able to get plugins working properly with Firefox or Chrome. (Eg.was unable to draw the IVS rule) .

Anyway, I might end up reaching out to the community for some configuration help once I spend a few hours trying things on my own first. :)

Thanks to everyone in this, and other threads for your contributions. You've all made my choices much easier given the huge sea of camera gear out there. I'll share my experience as I eventually progress.

Edit: fixed typo
Look at @Solar Deity install pics. You can see, there is not room to put the junction box on the back of that corner bracket.
Using the PFB303w Bracket, I think with some creative wire waterproofing, and use of silicone the junction box can be left off. And the wires could all be put into the pfb303w. The original bracket, this isn't possible.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting

Im using the same mic.. i cant get rid of the hum.. audio is great but always a humming .. any suggestions?
How are you powering the mic?
You are referring to the Microseven mic, correct?
If you extended the audio cable, did you use ...good... shielded cable?
Mic isn't mounted close to a light that is controlled by a dimmer?

I'm using the Microseven mic, and don't have any hum issues with my SD59225U-HNI.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
How are you powering the mic?
You are referring to the Microseven mic, correct?
If you extended the audio cable, did you use ...good... shielded cable?
Mic isn't mounted close to a light that is controlled by a dimmer?

I'm using the Microseven mic, and don't have any hum issues with my SD59225U-HNI.
I have a power convertor from amazon you recommended. I do have a 15 ft extention on the rca and power. I have them wound together.. do you think thats probably my problem?

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at @Solar Deity install pics.
Yeah, I was actually looking at those same pics and realized I'll have to front mount it. They're what convinced me in the end to buy all three parts, and I'll set it up very similar. Except I won't cut my bricks back, like he did with the sheet metal.

By the way, does anyone have a working link to SmartPSS software? I lookhereand they seem to have removed the installer. In fact most links in this thread are now dead.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

PFA151 Corner mount
PFB303W Bracket
Junction Box

That quote from Andy was a long time ago. There was a batch of 303S's that weren't square, so he was providing the 303W with the camera while the 303S was being remedied. 303W was only $19 last summer, but I see they have increased the prices at B&H lately. Andy has them cheaper, but his shipping may push it higher. I've used both many times, with a few SD59's, an SD49 an SD6AE240. They both get the job done. The additional waterproof gasket the 303W has (I believe the "W" signifies waterproof) is a plus, as it seals against the junction box using a double gasket (one on 303W and one on the PFA120).

That leads to my next point. I'm not sure the PFA120 Junction Box will fit behind the corner mount? Maybe, as all installs are unique and custom. One area that won't be available are the knockouts on the J-Box, as they will be blocked by the wings of the corner mount. That may not be an issue for your install though. One good thing is the PFA151 corner mount comes with 4 concrete anchors that will allow you to secure it to your masonry quite easily. Drill a hole, (1/2" I believe), tap them in and bolt right through them. They expand and wedge in to the masonry.

The camera will monitor your driveway, but don't get it for auto-tracking alone. It can be quirky, and provide erratic results at times if not set up properly, and expectations are too high. I will say it works better with the subject approaching straight at the camera, than perpendicular. Even then, the results may not be what you expect from auto-tracking. You get this camera for its awesome lens and zoom, low light sensor, and all around value for a PTZ. It's by far the best value in a Dahua PTZ. @Korgoth will confirm this.

I've installed half a dozen speed domes for myself, neighbors and customers. Here's a few pics of the corner mount installs.

SD

IMG_5279.JPG IMG_5283.JPG IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5618.JPG IMG_5619.JPG 20170612_202902.jpg 20170612_201940.jpg

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a power convertor from amazon you recommended. I do have a 15 ft extention on the rca and power. I have them wound together.. do you think thats probably my problem?
post some pictures of the mic installation and cabling.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting

Try a different power supply. I have 6 Microseven mics in service. I had a hum with a certain power supply. It was overkill at 12v/3A, and they hummed. Switched to an inexpensive 12V/.5A and it went away. Also used a 12V/1A and there was no hum. Some of the cheaper power supplies hum.

SD

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best pics i have from preinstall.. its mounted like 20ft up and cant get better pics
You'll probably need to take it down and bench test everything thoroughly if you want to get rid of the hum. Otherwise you'll probably have to live with it or filter after the fact in recordings.