Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it's any of any help to anyone here, I went over to the dahua site and downloaded what appeared to be the latest software from them for my unbranded SD59225U-HNI camera.

I used to have an older version. I don't remember what version though, it was from March-June time frame of this year. My camera's autotracking would go crazy, it would pick up invisible objects and chase it's own tail at times (spinning around in circles for 120 seconds at a time) and often times it would fail to record anything to the internal SD card. I had to reformat it from the camera menu a few times and it would intermittently work again.

Also had an issue where the camera web interface would not respond (happened about three times over a one month period).

What I did was I just went into the camera and did reset to factory settings and reset to defaults. Then I logged in, changed my password as mandated and went to do the upgrade. I've read horror stories about upgrades so trust me I had an extra pair of pants on that night.

The first upgrade was the main system, that felt like time stopped for a moment, the reboot phase took a bit long to go through but sure enough it came back online, the PTZ firmware was faster.

Here's a screencap of the verison i'm running. It might not even be the newest, I just went to dahua and grabbed the ntsc firmware I saw posted there. The camera now says dahua when I login but it functions like it did before.

I've done the upgrade a week ago, and I never had any issues with the sd not recording, the web interface has never gone down yet and my autotracking seems to have res
orted itself. I average about 35-50 alerts a day in windy weather, I would have over 200+ alerts at night from tiny flies that seemed to be attracted to the IR. I've had situations where the camera would track itself into the corner of my wall or aim itself to the sky but before it would just spin in circles for however long the track length was set at, now it'll stare up and come to a stop and reset itself like it knows it made a mistake.

I'm very happy with the latest firmware thus far.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's any of any help to anyone here, I went over to the dahua site and downloaded what appeared to be the latest software from them for my unbranded SD59225U-HNI camera.

I used to have an older version. I don't remember what version though, it was from March-June time frame of this year. My camera's autotracking would go crazy, it would pick up invisible objects and chase it's own tail at times (spinning around in circles for 120 seconds at a time) and often times it would fail to record anything to the internal SD card. I had to reformat it from the camera menu a few times and it would intermittently work again.

Also had an issue where the camera web interface would not respond (happened about three times over a one month period).

What I did was I just went into the camera and did reset to factory settings and reset to defaults. Then I logged in, changed my password as mandated and went to do the upgrade. I've read horror stories about upgrades so trust me I had an extra pair of pants on that night.

The first upgrade was the main system, that felt like time stopped for a moment, the reboot phase took a bit long to go through but sure enough it came back online, the PTZ firmware was faster.

Here's a screencap of the verison i'm running. It might not even be the newest, I just went to dahua and grabbed the ntsc firmware I saw posted there. The camera now says dahua when I login but it functions like it did before.

I've done the upgrade a week ago, and I never had any issues with the sd not recording, the web interface has never gone down yet and my autotracking seems to have res
orted itself. I average about 35-50 alerts a day in windy weather, I would have over 200+ alerts at night from tiny flies that seemed to be attracted to the IR. I've had situations where the camera would track itself into the corner of my wall or aim itself to the sky but before it would just spin in circles for however long the track length was set at, now it'll stare up and come to a stop and reset itself like it knows it made a mistake.

I'm very happy with the latest firmware thus far.
Is the IR tracking correctly with the zoom level for you with this firmware?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looney, were you able to successfully flash V3.04.09.R.170905 for the PTZ with V2.600.0000000.10.R.170906 for the firmware? I'm beginning to think my mismatch may have something to do with my web server crashes. TFTP is about the only way I can think to fix it...
Yes
Capture.PNG

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the IR tracking correctly with the zoom level for you with this firmware?
I will test it tonight. Not to be a lame duck but can you give me a specific item you want me to check for? I've read about so many bugs that I can't pinpoint the exact bug regarding IR. Unless you mean that it turns off after 7x zoom or something like that?...I'll test for that and anything else you want tonight. It's 1030am right now.

On a side note, I notice that at night, when it spots an object, it'll pan, tilt, zoom and then turn IR on after. I would think it would turn IR on while zooming. Sometimes, due to the darkness of the scene, the camera will lose tracking before it finishes the zoom and then when IR turns on, the subject is near the edges of the camera and just walks out casually and the camera is fixated on it's IR SPOT. Is this what you are referring to?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm referring to when the distance Ir turns on too soon and off too soon. I believe what you have described, is exactly what I was referring to. Thanks.

Any news on a firmware fix for this Andy? @EMPIRETECANDY

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will test it tonight. Not to be a lame duck but can you give me a specific item you want me to check for? I've read about so many bugs that I can't pinpoint the exact bug regarding IR. Unless you mean that it turns off after 7x zoom or something like that?...I'll test for that and anything else you want tonight. It's 1030am right now.

On a side note, I notice that at night, when it spots an object, it'll pan, tilt, zoom and then turn IR on after. I would think it would turn IR on while zooming. Sometimes, due to the darkness of the scene, the camera will lose tracking before it finishes the zoom and then when IR turns on, the subject is near the edges of the camera and just walks out casually and the camera is fixated on it's IR SPOT. Is this what you are referring to?
Same here usually if there is nothing in between IE tree big rock and it is under 10 mph it tracks pretty well but yea sometimes I think it’s chasing birds or chipmunks

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Seems that the action of the camera is to sluggish by the time it tracks zooms and ir comes on the target already left

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. The latest firmware actually seems like it made it worse. Prior to my update the issue I had was the camera would stop recording to the SD card sometimes. It would also lock on to its tail and spin itself into a frenzy.

After the update I have not had those problems but now the camera has like a lazy attitude. It'll go to track something then lose interest. That's the best way to put it into words. I might go back to the older version. I think it was 06/30 I'll check with Andy he would know more on the version and see if it goes back to normal. I'd rather have flying saucer actions then a camera that frankly doesn't give a riff about objects passing by lol.

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to verify with the integrated upgrade if there are updates?
I am at 09/2016 firmware

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can a schedule be set for auto track? It won't be needed during the day as the area of interest is occupied and heavily trafficked. Night time sees criminal traffic moving through the area. Hoping to reduce wear and tear and use the intimidation value of auto track at night.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find it strange that I can post videos from iPhone on sunba 507/601 thread ipcamtalk.com but not on this thread any ideas anyone?

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was finally able to update my PTZ firmware! In the past I've used Chrome without any issues for FW updates but decided to try IE just to see if it made a difference, and sure enough...It's either IE itself or it's interacting with the plugin in some way that Chrome wasn't.

Using the latest FW and PTZ FW my IR behaves odd in SmartIR (turns on fairly normal, but turns off in the upper zoom range). I've always used Zoom Priority with a correction of 3 - Seems to work in my environment well.

Auto tracking seems to be worse with this firmware, although I think it's the IVS that's actually worse because I both don't get a snapshot or auto tracking reliably. The version just before this one worked almost all of the time.

Looney, you don't have the latest PTZ firmware if you look at the image you posted - You may be suffering from my "Chrome bug" as well since you said you flashed it...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Some browsers now have a real issue with Flash, even if not used in the item on the web page your dealing with but just as side adverts.

Firefox and Edge (both terrible now - slow, laggy and / or prone to freeze), Chrome, Vivaldi all don't like flash or certain scripts in my experience. Good old IE explorer seems to be the best for any web page containing flash. I believe the former browsers are all trying to nanny state us into not using flash by either blocking it or turning it off but it's causing all sorts of issues. One of the latest versions of Vivaldi (chrome based) has the option to enable Flash but it doesn't work and it still blocks it.

Personally, I hate being nanny stated on security and the internet is all but broken now because of it.

I don't know what the issue is with your updates and Chrome, but it could be the installer is flash based, or the web page contains flash or flash adverts, or the installer is based on one of the scripts the browsers don't seem to like.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was finally able to update my PTZ firmware! In the past I've used Chrome without any issues for FW updates but decided to try IE just to see if it made a difference, and sure enough...It's either IE itself or it's interacting with the plugin in some way that Chrome wasn't.

Using the latest FW and PTZ FW my IR behaves odd in SmartIR (turns on fairly normal, but turns off in the upper zoom range). I've always used Zoom Priority with a correction of 3 - Seems to work in my environment well.

Auto tracking seems to be worse with this firmware, although I think it's the IVS that's actually worse because I both don't get a snapshot or auto tracking reliably. The version just before this one worked almost all of the time.

Looney, you don't have the latest PTZ firmware if you look at the image you posted - You may be suffering from my "Chrome bug" as well since you said you flashed it...
I found this combination of firmware and PTZ software to give the best result. So i'm using latest firmware and latest-1 PTZ software. Latest PTZ software really sucks.

ptz.JPG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I'll be darned, I don't. I'm pretty sure that I used Configtool last time I updated, and not a browser.

Kells

n3wb
Reaction score
Why you young whipper snapper you! :p

Ver 4.4.9.4 x64, Win10 Pro here.

I simply entered the IP of the cam, entered login and password, and selected Inspect. It worked first try.

I'm not providing any extra light in these two, it's all the cam's IR.

When you zoomed in on that meter, was that the full 25x zoom of your camera?