Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I failed to mention, I see the same issue with not being able to go above 25fps, without it lagging badly. 60FPS cause's only about 1 frame every 2-3 seconds.
Oh wow, i thought i was the only one who experienced that. Hopefully the new firmware will take care of that. I'll wait this time for others to experiment with it first before i upgrade again. It's not really clear what this new firmware and software does better or worse.

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will be Frank, I had been watching for new release, thanks for posting.
I still have not been able to the correct IR zoom problem. Besides that, the cam has been ok.
Very frustrated with the IR situation.
I have now installed a new firmware but I see that the IR problem remains
over 7x goes off
but I find that the image is clearer for now I still have to test

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh wow, i thought i was the only one who experienced that. Hopefully the new firmware will take care of that. I'll wait this time for others to experiment with it first before i upgrade again. It's not really clear what this new firmware and software does better or worse.
Do you have the IR issue @Frank van der Heide .
Have you ever performed a hard reset on the cam to see if it solves any issues?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
according to you is ptz version correct? ask empiretecandyView attachment 23056
I would say you do not have the latest PTZ firmware. It is a separate firmware file: [PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.04.09.R.170905
It's a small file, attached to this post

You have to upload the video to Youtube, then share it here.

Attachments

Last edited:

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would say you do not have the latest PTZ firmware. It is a separate firmware file: [PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.04.09.R.170905
It's a small file, attached to this post

You have to upload the video to Youtube, then share it here.
I installed this
For this reason I asked if it is normal what I find on info

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have the IR issue @Frank van der Heide .
Have you ever performed a hard reset on the cam to see if it solves any issues?
I haven't installed it yet. I am always first to try, but always experience issues with new firmware releases. So i decided to wait out some experiences from other daredevils before i try it myself this time.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I upgraded a few hours ago--I use SmartIR....it's not dark yet to test the IR for any issues.
10-31-2017 5-26-16 PM.png

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these for a back yard overall and critter cam. 3 acres. Understand autotrack might be hit and miss but it's not critical but am spending the extra money for it in the hopes it hits more than it misses. Still a good investment or should I pass on this model?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these for a back yard overall and critter cam. 3 acres. Understand autotrack might be hit and miss but it's not critical but am spending the extra money for it in the hopes it hits more than it misses. Still a good investment or should I pass on this model?
If you can accept 25% misses than you can considder bying this camera. I get an overall of about 75% hits on autotracking. During the day it's perfect, but at low light conditions this is definitely not the best PTZ you can buy. But as said, if you accept that it misses about 25% of the time, it's ok.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good camera. Recommend it IF your target area is not obstructed by trees, buildings or other objects that autotrack will seize on.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
with new firmware the autofocus seems to me better, pity for my problem
I have exactly the opposite experience. I installed the new firmware and PTZ software and did the default reset, but autofocus is gone to hell. It takes forever en leaves a big blurr in autotracking mode. It is horrible now. I'm going back to the previous firmware.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I updated to this current firmware, still have the IR issue. I've not tried autotracking, but everything else seems ok.
I've not had a chance to get on the roof and do a hard reset as yet.
I did do a full reset to factory defaults before and after upgrading.

@Frank van der Heide Have you tried a hard reset to see if that fixes any of your issues?