Review: EZVIZ DB1C

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been collecting hardware for quite a few years. Dug through everywhere and couldn't find anything close. Oh well, one is better than none, I guess.

Ragermac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a LTS 8708 NVR. Can I use this door with it and use the EZVIZ app at the same time?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that the DB1C is a less reliable device.

Every manufactured device has the potential to be a dud. But I haven't seen any indication that the DB1C is any better or worse with this regard than any other device. There are plenty of us on the forum using the camera without ANY issues. I will say that most issues people have can be tracked down to one of two things: power and wifi. Neither of these issues are a failure of the manufacture/device. Instead, these are environmental issues that need to be addressed before the device may work flawlessly.

Take my set up as an example. I had a DB1 installed at my front door for years without a single issue. I upgraded it with a DB1C a while ago and it has also been flawless. I moved the DB1 to my entry door to my garage and I've had an occasional disconnect issue (that will eventually resolve itself it I simply leave it alone). Again, it is not the device , but rather the environment it is installed in.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that the DB1C is a less reliable device.

Every manufactured device has the potential to be a dud. But I haven't seen any indication that the DB1C is any better or worse with this regard than any other device. There are plenty of us on the forum using the camera without ANY issues. I will say that most issues people have can be tracked down to one of two things: power and wifi. Neither of these issues are a failure of the manufacture/device. Instead, these are environmental issues that need to be addressed before the device may work flawlessly.

Take my set up as an example. I had a DB1 installed at my front door for years without a single issue. I upgraded it with a DB1C a while ago and it has also been flawless. I moved the DB1 to my entry door to my garage and I've had an occasional disconnect issue (that will eventually resolve itself it I simply leave it alone). Again, it is not the device , but rather the environment it is installed in.
So after 2 years of reading many, many post of DB owners with their DB1 and Variants, what you stated about environment is very true. There were several who would send back their DBs only to get a replacement to have the same issue, it was not the DB but the environment it was put it. I am not saying there were no faulty units, but the majority were not fault of the DB. The WiFi on these units are weak, so are many of my WiFi devices...For me 2.4GHz was the most stable, even though they can run at 5GHz...I have a front door with glass and an AP about 20-25 feet away. Two years with this DB, it works better than some of my WiFi devices and worse than others, but it works. The 16v 10VAC trans. I first hooked it up to worked fine, but I knew I would be streaming so I bought a 16V 30VAC. Running 24/7 been 99.9% with BI. Only when I was changing out my APs did I have drops, that was firmware issues with the APs, which fixed those issues.
Again, environment. Most everyone who have bench tested these DBs, all of tested good. Before I even bought the DB I went out where it was going to be installed and did some WiFi testing...in case I need a repeater...These DBs are not Plug-n-Play...even though they are not hard to install...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't mind having to use a WiFi extender IF it cures the problem. I ran the DB1C on my desk, four feet below the router (RT86U) and it still had drop outs. Not many but it still did drop out four times in 24 hours. To say the WiFi is "weak" is being very generous. The extender is on the inside wall about four feet, and that's probably closer to three feet, from the DB1C. The wall is 2x6 framed, no foil insulation, vinyl siding without foil(don't ask) and 1/2" sheetrock with paint. Signal strength next to the DB1C is -30db. It drops out about once an hour on the 2.4GHz band and twice an hour on the 5GHz band. The WiFi isn't just weak, it's pathetic.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't mind having to use a WiFi extender IF it cures the problem. I ran the DB1C on my desk, four feet below the router (RT86U) and it still had drop outs. Not many but it still did drop out four times in 24 hours. To say the WiFi is "weak" is being very generous. The extender is on the inside wall about four feet, and that's probably closer to three feet, from the DB1C. The wall is 2x6 framed, no foil insulation, vinyl siding without foil(don't ask) and 1/2" sheetrock with paint. Signal strength next to the DB1C is -30db. It drops out about once an hour on the 2.4GHz band and twice an hour on the 5GHz band. The WiFi isn't just weak, it's pathetic.
Check your packet loss.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
There are three devices on WiFi. Two of those are on 5GHz. The DB1C is the only client on 2.4GHz. Checking packet loss will simply show the fact that the WiFi from the camera drops and I already know that.

Honesty87

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently had an Ezviz DB1C doorbell camera installed. I have a DAHUA 8CH 4TB PRO SERIES | DHI - NVR5208/5216-8P-4KS2E.

Is it possible to get my doorbell camera to record on this and/or get to view the doorbell camera on the NVR too please?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have recently had an Ezviz DB1C doorbell camera installed. I have a DAHUA 8CH 4TB PRO SERIES | DHI - NVR5208/5216-8P-4KS2E.

Is it possible to get my doorbell camera to record on this and/or get to view the doorbell camera on the NVR too please?
Yes with RTSP, I don't have the DB1C, but the Generation before this, since they are Hikvision Doorbells you should be able to follow our DB1 Streaming instructions from our DOORBELL101
Since this Doorbell does not support ONVIF, you will need to enter the below RTSP URL...Getting your Doorbell to work first in VLC is usually suggested that way you know you have the right info for your NVR...

STREAMING VIDEO TIPS (Thanks - JSnP):

1576764779744.png

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.
(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

COPY/PASTE:
rxxp:/admin:<Enter password>@<Enter IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
(Change rxxp to rtsp)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

HTH

Honesty87

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes with RTSP, I don't have the DB1C, but the Generation before this, since they are Hikvision Doorbells you should be able to follow our DB1 Streaming instructions from our DOORBELL101
Since this Doorbell does not support ONVIF, you will need to enter the below RTSP URL...Getting your Doorbell to work first in VLC is usually suggested that way you know you have the right info for your NVR...

STREAMING VIDEO TIPS (Thanks - JSnP):

1576764779744.png

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.
(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

COPY/PASTE:
rxxp:/admin:<Enter password>@<Enter IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
(Change rxxp to rtsp)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

HTH
Thank you so much for that reply.

I will give it a go but at the back of my DB1C it has everything but the verification code?! SN, model number etc but no verification code (especially it being 6 capital letters).

Surely I can't be the only person to have come across this? Strange.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for that reply.

I will give it a go but at the back of my DB1C it has everything but the verification code?! SN, model number etc but no verification code (especially it being 6 capital letters).

Surely I can't be the only person to have come across this? Strange.
What I posted is for the DB1 not the DB1C. On the DB1 the Verification Code is the Password, you should have a Password that came with the DB1C, you will need it for the RTSP URL...

Here is a post from this Thread:

You will need to check if you can enter a RTSP URL in your NVR.

Last edited:

Honesty87

n3wb
Reaction score
What I posted is for the DB1 not the DB1C. On the DB1 the Verification Code is the Password, you should have a Password that came with the DB1C, you will need it for the RTSP URL...

Here is a post from this Thread:

You will need to check if you can enter a RTSP URL in your NVR.
Thank you. I will look into this.

This is what works for me using the DB1C on Blue Iris, but the streams will be the same I would think. There is a colon after "admin" in the main stream as well, fumble fingered editing on my part.

View attachment 95951
Thank you for this. I will try and make it work somehow haha.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked all of your router settings? I was getting major dropouts as well. Allow ICMP (Labeled as "Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" for ASUS routers under Firewall>General) and the problem was resolved for me. I found the recommendation through the 101 POST.

puntoboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A question for those with a DB1C, does the software allow for pre-recorded responses? As in, if someone rings the doorbells are there any automated responses you can choose? I had this on my Nest Hello and it's the only feature I miss since swapping to the DB1. If the DB1C has it, which I doubt, then for me it's a worthy upgrade.

puntoboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just remembered the name of the feature on the Nest Hello, it's called Quick Responses. Just three quick responses you can choose. Especially handy if you are in a low signal area and two-way communication is patchy, just tap the button and the doorbell plays it.

1627989070415.png

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New here. Have a DB1 about 18 months old. Have two issues with it and because it came thru an alarm install Ezviz won't help much on it although they did their best to help. The problem is that about 3 weeks ago the mechanical chime failed. Tech Support said they thought that the power supply kit failed. They could not sell me one but I found an identical one thru REMO. Installed it today, installed new 16V 30VA transformer last week even though the one we have seemed fine and the older RING doorbell rings the chime loudly. So today I played with it some more, downloaded EZVIZ Studio 2.1.1, restored to factory defaults, rebooted, removed, deleted from EZVIZ android app and on and on. Every IT trick I could find even ping it and it pings fine. I've written EZVIZ again to see if they can send me a link to the firmware for it, even though it shows the latest firmware on it. All other features work but it does get hot, 130F on the back. Ring g1 doorbell is back in right now but when I get the firmware I thought I would flash it again and see if that might fix it. Outdoor bell is fine but not chime indoors. Again, worked fine for 18 months although it did lose the chime a couple times before - when simply rebooting it and setting it back up again would fix that. It no longer does. I can't find any trick that brings the chime back. Also concerned about that 130F. That is like burn your hand hot.