Review: EZVIZ DB1C

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could anyone comment on how reliably the DB1C sends notifications when someone actually presses the doorbell (when using the EZViz app)? Does every press of the doorbell get pushed to your phone, or are there many missed events?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Every press results in the chime working and 2-3 second delay my phone rings. Never missed a call yet. Installed about 3 months ago.

Busabasher

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, so ive been pulling my hair out setting up this DB1C on my HIKVISION DVR,
Kept telling me I needed the password, unfortunately the password isn't shown anywhere and I couldn't get help from EZVIZ who just said use the app, the APP of course no longer had the function to see the password, great, so after a nightmare I started to have a play around and found the hidden password, on the user manual is a QR code, if you scan the code you'll find the 7 letter (in uppercase) password on the text from the QR code, That worked thankfully,

Now next problem is getting the damn ding dong chime to work,

Busabasher

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, so I have a door bell issue, ive wired the mechanical door bell as per instructions and included the powerkit, my bell doesn't work and im not picking up 12 volts across the terminals when the bells pressed at the DB1C. the DB1C tone rings but doesn't fire the door bell, any ideas?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys, so I have a door bell issue, ive wired the mechanical door bell as per instructions and included the powerkit, my bell doesn't work and im not picking up 12 volts across the terminals when the bells pressed at the DB1C. the DB1C tone rings but doesn't fire the door bell, any ideas?

Busabasher

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Rob. Thanks for the great vid.

Before I buy a new tranny
With my current 12v tranny
I'm getting zero volts at the chime when pressing the DB1C.

So even with no load and tails disconnected from the chime not even picking up any voltage at all.

Do you think that's expected with the 12v supply?

I'm tempted just purchase the wireless chime to be honest.

Thanks for your help on this.

Dean

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a multimeter? Its real easy to test to see if the transformer is working or not.

Busabasher

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a multimeter? Its real easy to test to see if the transformer is working or not.
Hi there, yeah, tested, tranny 12v, just not getting a 12v feed back from the DB1C when I press the button, so I bit the bullet and bought the wireless chime, Needed to get it sorted,

That wasn't without issue, had to split the router signal and separate 2.4 & 5ghz as the chime only functioned on 2.4 ghz I connected to 5gz first & it caused the camera to drop off the DVR! any way all sorted now,

what a nightmare,

for those looking for the new EZVIZ device password, if you scan the QR code on the user manual, its hidden in there. what a nightmare.

all sorted can now move on to the other cameras.

Larkstarr

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this doorbell cam off of amazon based off of mostly positive reviews on here and I gotta say, I don't understand why it's so popular?

Simply because the notifications are wildly delayed. Pressing the bell results in the call coming onto my phone well over two minutes later. Detection alerts are even worse. And before anyone says "it's your network!" My AP is placed literally 10 feet away from the front door. There's absolutely zero way there's a wifi connection issue. Resets, re-installs, battery optimizations, keeping the app -open-, manually checking the call log that displays a missed call before the call comes in. What.

What a horrible device, I'll be sending it back (Unless anyone has any suggestions!), but I wanted to get the word out there that this simply doesn't seem to work.

Cheers!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought this doorbell cam off of amazon based off of mostly positive reviews on here and I gotta say, I don't understand why it's so popular?

Simply because the notifications are wildly delayed. Pressing the bell results in the call coming onto my phone well over two minutes later. Detection alerts are even worse. And before anyone says "it's your network!" My AP is placed literally 10 feet away from the front door. There's absolutely zero way there's a wifi connection issue. Resets, re-installs, battery optimizations, keeping the app -open-, manually checking the call log that displays a missed call before the call comes in. What.

What a horrible device, I'll be sending it back (Unless anyone has any suggestions!), but I wanted to get the word out there that this simply doesn't seem to work.

Cheers!
I just treat it as a normal camera. I have it recording to BI 24x7. I have the bell notifications disabled when someone pushes the actual bell button so I never use the two way communication feature. I could care less to talk to a solicitor or the delivery guy who sometimes pushes the bell when they drop a package off. During testing though when I first set it up, I didn't have any delayed issues with the two way. Granted I only tested it one or two times on the same wifi network. I do have human alerts turned on, and it "kind of works" for that. When I say kind of, it does detect people outside the range I told it to, so its not great in that regard but I do get those alerts immediately sent to my phone when it gets a detection so that is good.

Honestly, I chose it because its fairly low profile and the wiring from the old door bell button was already there so it's an easy swap out. Since I treat it as a normal camera and don't use the communication feature, it works good enough for that. Its nothing special that's for sure. But all the door bell cameras are all kind of "junkish".

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Cheers!
Ok we won't say "It's Your Network!" :)

I can't speak for the DB1C but I Can speak for the DB1, most all get about a 1 to 2 second delay on motion notifications. I get actually a second or less on my LaView, which is the same hardware as the DB1. This DB has been pretty solid these last almost 2 years. As far as the Button press App calling, this I will say is very inconsistent. For me it works about 80% of the time with about a 5 to 10 second delay. Talking through the App also is not the greatest but works. This is not the reason, several hundred's of us like this DB. Being Cloud Free, being able to record RTSP, adding the DB to our Home Automation, etc. are it's main selling points.
I have been recording 24/7 my DB for little over a year and a half, along with a second feed for just motion alerts using Blue Iris. This Hikvision DB has been Rock Solid in this regard. This DB is really more for a DIYer, not the average end user, one who does not want their video feeds to be on some companies cloud, one who is into private home automation.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score

Cheers!
Because as others have mentioned, most of us don't use or care about the OEM software and notifications.

First, I have all of my cameras on their own VLAN without internet access ( I will never allow my CCTV cameras to connect to the internet) so the OEM app/notification/two way communication doesn't work anyway. That is because it uses the cloud to do this and it's insecure. I have the older DB1 version at my house and use BlueIris as my NVR. I use the motion detection built into BI to detect motion and the system sends out a text message with an image attached. This message gets sent immediately to multiple family member's cell phones. Sure, I don't have two way communication, but that is a gimmick that I would never use anyway. Nothing says "I'm not home right now" more than someone using this feature.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup. I'm waiting for the stable release to hit before I try it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. I'm waiting for the stable release to hit before I try it.
Yeah I went ahead and upgraded anyway. Normally I don't but in this case I want to play with it and see how it works on our DBs I am assuming you can downgrade to previous version:

1619131882135.png

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I went ahead and upgraded anyway. Normally I don't but in this case I want to play with it and see how it works on our DBs I am assuming you can downgrade to previous version:

View attachment 87559

curious to get ur findings. i saw a youtube video about this when it just was just released, and it didnt look that good to me for some reason.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
curious to get ur findings. i saw a youtube video about this when it just was just released, and it didnt look that good to me for some reason.
So there is a sizable Thread about this...I have been following it never dove into it...Sounds like the native will be a lot easier...for folks like me...