Review: EZVIZ DB1C

Marios

n3wb
Reaction score
I wired the doorbell and it's working great with very sharp picture, only issue I have is the notification take too long when someone ring the bell (~20 seconds) although I disabled battery usage optimization but the issue persist.

Whai is the delay time on your Android phones please?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The delay is more of a function of your network, including your internet connection, and how fast the server at the far end responds. Delay is not specific to Android or IOS. It will happen with both.

Marios

n3wb
Reaction score
The delay is more of a function of your network, including your internet connection, and how fast the server at the far end responds. Delay is not specific to Android or IOS. It will happen with both.
Yeah I know that but we are talking in milliseconds here, poor network and far server could get the delay upto 500 milliseconds for example (0.5 second) but my delay is more like 30 seconds and that's why am suspectimg android settings.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a fiber connection to the internet. The ping times to my mail service is about 80ms, they're in western Canada and I'm on the east coast in the US. It takes anything from a few seconds to a few minutes for email alerts to get back to me. Network traffic, server loads and who knows what else can introduce all kinds of delays. That's why I'd never rely on any cloud based service. Push notifications from my surveillance system arrive as they happen.

chirpy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've fitted mine with a current sensor and converted contact sensor which connects to my hubitat hub which in turn messages me directly so that I know the moment the doorbell has been pushed. I do use the EZVIZ notifications but don't rely on them for the very reason of delays.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody, thank you again for accepting me in your community. :)
I am satisfied with my DB1C doorbell. It has successfully connected to Wifi, the chime is working and the "Human" detection is really good.
However, the image showing sideways on my Google Hub . The sky is on the left of the screen and not on the top. No rotate feature on Google Home and Google Hub.
A tip to resolve this?
Thank you for taking the time to read me! :)
I am satisfied with my DB1C doorbell. It has successfully connected to Wifi, the chime is working and the "Human" detection is really good.
However, the image showing sideways on my Google Hub . The sky is on the left of the screen and not on the top. No rotate feature on Google Home and Google Hub.
A tip to resolve this?
US Ezviz Support wrote to me : I have consulted regarding the issue and learnt that the display device (Google Display) is unable to show the camera in portrait mode as it has the resolution of 1024x600. Hence, it is unable to process the information in the portrait mode and switching the camera angle to process it. We apologize as this can not be configured through the camera or EZVIZ app.
It is important to mention that Ezviz's response was prompt and very courteous. An excellent company that respects its customers!
Still no response from Google customer service...

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
A tip to resolve this?
US Ezviz Support wrote to me : I have consulted regarding the issue and learnt that the display device (Google Display) is unable to show the camera in portrait mode as it has the resolution of 1024x600. Hence, it is unable to process the information in the portrait mode and switching the camera angle to process it. We apologize as this can not be configured through the camera or EZVIZ app.
It is important to mention that Ezviz's response was prompt and very courteous. An excellent company that respects its customers!

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
That's not really true, the problem is the H265 stream. Google Nest Hub can't display those properly.

To get it working I had to change Channel 2 stream to H264 and relay it through home assistant.
It might work if you change Channel 1 to H264 and use ezviz google home integration, but then you lose any advantage of smaller recording that H265 brings.

You can change the stream encoding mode in Batch Configuration tool.

Old photo from testing mid November :
1615553969998.png

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
That's not really true, the problem is the H265 stream. Google Nest Hub can't display those properly.

To get it working I had to change Channel 2 stream to H264 and relay it through home assistant.
It might work if you change Channel 1 to H264 and use ezviz google home integration, but then you lose any advantage of smaller recording that H265 brings.

You can change the stream encoding mode in Batch Configuration tool.

Old photo from testing mid November :
View attachment 84489
Dear Andreq, Thank you so much for this information!!!
How can an Ezviz customer service agent give such a wrong answer! Don't they know their products?
I am flabbergasted! o_O
I will write to them to give this information!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How can an Ezviz customer service agent give such a wrong answer! Don't they know their products?
I am flabbergasted! o_O
We usually find that people here know more about products than the company call centers LOL :lmao:

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
I am flabbergasted! o_O
The support guy isn't the one making things happen under the hood, I wouldn't blame them.

And we got to keep in mind Ezviz is selling a rebranded HikVision product.
I'm not sure about this, but I think HikVision mfg the doorbells and Ezviz most likely only provide the software (using HikVision API)

One could hope the information you send them reach the developers, but I have low faith in that.
I'm a programmer for a living and I see this all the time from inside :p. We're not exposed to clients and sadly more often than not, those technical detail shouldn't be shared publicly.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
The support guy isn't the one making things happen under the hood, I wouldn't blame them.

And we got to keep in mind Ezviz is selling a rebranded HikVision product.
I'm not sure about this, but I think HikVision mfg the doorbells and Ezviz most likely only provide the software (using HikVision API)

One could hope the information you send them reach the developers, but I have low faith in that.
I'm a programmer for a living and I see this all the time from inside :p. We're not exposed to clients and sadly more often than not, those technical detail shouldn't be shared publicly.
I fully agree with you Andreq. And I don't blame the CIE. I love their products and my next cameras will be from Ezviz. :)
Although the agent's response was not completely accurate, their service was prompt and courteous, unlike other CIEs in the same field.
If the information you kindly gave me does not reach the developers, I hope it will be beneficial to the agent who receives this information! :)

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do 2-way audio with blue iris work and is it responsive enough similar to Ring cameras?

Also I'm assuming this one doesn't have POE capability correct? So only hard wired to regular electricity?

ghost

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently purchased the DB1C and have had issues installing it. Before returning/exchanging it, I thought I'd see if anyone else had had similar issues.

The basic issue is that when connected to power, the large indicator light around the doorbell button does not light up at all and so I can't initialize the camera. However I do know the unit is receiving some power, because there is a small LED light that blinks red above the reset button. This LED only blinks when I've restored power to the unit from the breaker. Initially, the above made me think I had wired the unit incorrectly or it wasn't getting sufficient power. However I tried the each of the following steps:
  • Initially installed using the wiring for an existing doorbell and mechanical chime with a 16V 10VA transformer as per the installation instructions
  • Replaced the 16V 10VA transformer with a new 16V 30VA transformer (and remained wired through the existing mechanical chime)
  • Wired the doorbell camera directly to the transformer (using the provided fuse) as indicated in the installation instructions
In each of these instances, whenever power was turned on, the unit's small red LED blinked continuously, but the main indicator light remained dark.

Any thoughts, or have you experienced anything similar? I've reached out to EZVIZ support, but thought I might have better luck here :).

Thanks!

hisser

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently purchased the DB1C and have had issues installing it. Before returning/exchanging it, I thought I'd see if anyone else had had similar issues.

The basic issue is that when connected to power, the large indicator light around the doorbell button does not light up at all and so I can't initialize the camera. However I do know the unit is receiving some power, because there is a small LED light that blinks red above the reset button. This LED only blinks when I've restored power to the unit from the breaker. Initially, the above made me think I had wired the unit incorrectly or it wasn't getting sufficient power. However I tried the each of the following steps:
  • Initially installed using the wiring for an existing doorbell and mechanical chime with a 16V 10VA transformer as per the installation instructions
  • Replaced the 16V 10VA transformer with a new 16V 30VA transformer (and remained wired through the existing mechanical chime)
  • Wired the doorbell camera directly to the transformer (using the provided fuse) as indicated in the installation instructions
In each of these instances, whenever power was turned on, the unit's small red LED blinked continuously, but the main indicator light remained dark.

Any thoughts, or have you experienced anything similar? I've reached out to EZVIZ support, but thought I might have better luck here :).

Thanks!
Check your SD card

The button is surrounded by an LED ring that lights up blue when the doorbell is working properly and flashes red when there are problems with the SD card or connectivity.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried the reset button? Remove faceplate and press reset button for 10-15 seconds.

bcre3306

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you check the firmware version with the IOS app now that they updated it to version 5.X?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you check the firmware version with the IOS app now that they updated it to version 5.X?
IMG_9616.jpgIMG_9617.jpgIMG_9618.jpg

Open the app and click on the image, then click on the gear in upper right, then scroll down to device version.