Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Masejoer - hold judgment until you get this bad boy outside LOL. A 25 time zoom inside is going to respond a lot differently outside, especially regarding autotracking. And many of us find this camera more than capable as a night time camera.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Masejoer - hold judgment until you get this bad boy outside LOL. A 25 time zoom inside is going to respond a lot differently outside, especially regarding autotracking. And many of us find this camera more than capable as a night time camera.
Can u post your settings for auto track night time infared on? Im not having good results compared to daytime. It seems to zoom and focus on headlights and track is not good for vehicles.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Can u post your settings for auto track night time infared on? Im not having good results compared to daytime. It seems to zoom and focus on headlights and track is not good for vehicles.
You won't get good results at night unless you have lots of light or good street lights and plenty of them.
The camera needs to see the object it is trying to track.

What you always have to remember this is the bottom of Dahua's range in terms of PTZ so I think you might be expecting a little too much for it to track the same as day, but still for value for money Vs performance this ptz is still top dog.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also remember that the cam needs to be dialed in for the FOV therefore while there will always be some commonalities at the basic config / picture level, to get better tracking results for your specific FOV it comes down to install, lighting and then dial in. Feel free to DM me if you want to discuss further or want me to jump on your system, take a look and let you know my thoughts etc.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@lagvoid - yeah, MD turns back on - it is an issue with BI, but as long as you do the work-around for when MD turns back on it shouldn't be an issue - turn sensitivity way down on MD and one tiny little block so that basically it won't trigger.
What version BI do you use? Even when I do the workaround, my MD settings reset to default when making changes to BI. I will try contacting BI support. I saw this mentioned very early on in this thread and thought it would have been fixed by now. Hopefully they can isolate the bug.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also remember that the cam needs to be dialed in for the FOV therefore while there will always be some commonalities at the basic config / picture level, to get better tracking results for your specific FOV it comes down to install, lighting and then dial in. Feel free to DM me if you want to discuss further or want me to jump on your system, take a look and let you know my thoughts etc.
My bad @gansle I see you did DM me (not sure why I didn't get the notification), I responded today.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version BI do you use? Even when I do the workaround, my MD settings reset to default when making changes to BI. I will try contacting BI support. I saw this mentioned very early on in this thread and thought it would have been fixed by now. Hopefully they can isolate the bug.
I am on 5.5.1.6 and it tracks and does what it should without the MD or SMD causing an issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, it is so field of view dependent that the settings for one won't work with another. @ljw2k has such great light he could keep his on auto shutter and it got great night time video and captures.

If you haven't, I suggest you put an SD card in the PTZ, suggest you watch a playback and turn on the rules info during playback from the camera GUI and not BI. It sounds to me like the PTZ is locking in to something else in the image and that is the reason why it stops tracking. You will be able to see that subject locking during playback in the GUI only, not thru BI. Mine would occasionally lock on a mailbox or lamp post that was in the image while a subject was moving, but adjusting the settings can eliminate most of that.

If you do not have an SD card in the PTZ, then go to live view from the camera GUI (again this cannot be seen in BI), and turn on the rules info and have someone go outside and watch with the PTZ is tracking if the box goes from the subject and then the box jumps to a tree or bush or lamp post or car or anything else in the picture, then you know that is the issue and you can start adjusting settings to eliminate it.

And of course @Wildcat_1 offered to jump onto your system and take a look - which I HIGHLY recommend! When I was a noob he did that on mine and took it to the next level! He knows these cameras so well that if he can't make it work, nobody will.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI - deleting the camera from BI and adding it back at least prevents it from changing the saved MD setting (selecting small portion of MD event and sensitivity in camera). I reached out to BI devs and they claim BI doesn't send anything out and shouldn't be causing the issue we're facing with MD being enabled. Not very helpful here.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI - deleting the camera from BI and adding it back at least prevents it from changing the saved MD setting (selecting small portion of MD event and sensitivity in camera). I reached out to BI devs and they claim BI doesn't send anything out and shouldn't be causing the issue we're facing with MD being enabled. Not very helpful here.
I also talked with Ken at Blue Iris. The new firmware from Andy does not have the issue with BI turning on MD. I'm still on the older firmware since it picks up motion from further away better than the new firmware. I left my MD turned on and literally deselected the entire view and turned the sensitivity to as low as it goes and I don't have a problem now.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if I have something configured wrong, but Blue Iris detects ONVIF events as External and not ONVIF triggers. Per the Blue Iris docs:
"Motion/Alarm trigger signals received from ONVIF GetEvents PullPointSubscription will be
classified as either having an ONVIF source or an EXTERNAL source depending on whether
these events are unary or binary and you select the Trigger until reset option. Events with
“begin” and “end” (binary) components will be classified as ONVIF triggers. Single events
(unary) will be classified as EXTERNAL triggers."

So my alerts are unary and not binary, and as such, I don't think "Trigger until reset" won't work. How do others handle the end of the of an external trigger?
My BI Video Stream Profile: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

berto01

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the PTZ on target longer then 2 seconds ? It seems once they stop moving it resets.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the PTZ on target longer then 2 seconds ? It seems once they stop moving it resets.
Biggest complaint about the autotrack PTZ is no ability to set that. Making the make size a little smaller so that the whole object in the frame can help. If they are tapping a foot it will stay for example.

berto01

n3wb
Reaction score
Biggest complaint about the autotrack PTZ is no ability to set that. Making the make size a little smaller so that the whole object in the frame can help. If they are tapping a foot it will stay for example.
Thanks. What about making it zoom in closer. Or is that a preset setting also.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. What about making it zoom in closer. Or is that a preset setting also.
Making it zoom in closer is the make size (or I think called target size) would make it worse.

It is a balance between getting the capture you want close, but not so close that it loses track.

It takes some trial and error, but I got mine down to when someone is walking a dog and the dog stops (and thus the person), that the camera continues to maintain tracking the person due to a foot tap or something. Previously I was targeting to try to get just the upper body, and it would swing back home as soon as they stopped.

berto01

n3wb
Reaction score
Making it zoom in closer is the make size (or I think called target size) would make it worse.

It is a balance between getting the capture you want close, but not so close that it loses track.

It takes some trial and error, but I got mine down to when someone is walking a dog and the dog stops (and thus the person), that the camera continues to maintain tracking the person due to a foot tap or something. Previously I was targeting to try to get just the upper body, and it would swing back home as soon as they stopped.
I’ll go see if I can find that setting and play with it. Thanks for your help.

Joshude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have SD4922 installed, but would like to have a PTZ with a wider FOV on the wider end. Is there anyting you guys can recommend?